CarlenLab - Our team
Meet the team behind the CarlenLab, Deparment of Neuroscience at Karolinska Institutet.
Defended PhD students
28 April 2017: "Neuronal circuit mechanisms in decision-making"
27 April 2018: "Mapping brain circuits: anatomy, connectivity and function"
24 January 2020: "On the neuronal basis of cognition: cell-type specific circuitry and functions of the prefrontal cortex"
21 May 2021: "On the role of parvalbumin interneurons in neuronal network activity in the prefrontal cortex"
Josina van LunterenPhD
3 December 2021: "Inhibition in cognition: neurophysiology and connectivity of GABAergic interneurons in the prefrontal cortex"
Current and previous collaborators
- Cleiton Lopez Aguiar, PhD, University of Sao Paolo, Brazil
- Leonardo Rakauskas Zacharias, University of Sao Paolo, Brazil
- Charlotte Alme, PhD
- Anna Paula Crestani, PhD
- Ziauddin Darokhan, PhD
- Martin Hägglund, PhD
- Daniel Kaping, PhD
- Åsa Konradsson-Geuken, PhD
- Calvin Young, PhD
- Angelo Guadagno, 2021
- Cantin Ortiz, 2019
- Fredrik Wernstål, 2019
Master / bachelor students
- Gabrielle Dolisie, ENS Lyon, France
- Simon Mayer, Technical University of Munich, Germany
- Mariam Shahata, KI, Sweden
- Moritz Stingl, University of Heidelberg, Germany
- Gregor Ehmer, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Karyn Lewis, KI, Sweden
- Ram Yahya, Stockhom University, Sweden
- Laura Heezen, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Jana Immenschuh, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Agnieszska Limiszewska, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Hyunsoo Park, KI
- Emily Cox, University of Calgary, Canada
- Cantin Ortiz, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden
- Leonardo Rakauskas, University of Sao Paolo, Brazil
- Wicheng Wu, KI, Sweden
- Joseph Clerke, University of Glasgow, Scottland
- Lovisa Franzén, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Michal Miazga, University of Warsaw, Poland
- Leonidas Georgiu, University of Glasgow, Scottland
- Laura Heikkinen, KI, Sweden
- Solmaz Yazdani, KI, Sweden
- Marieke Oudelaar, KI, Sweden
- Cilla Gottfries, KI, Sweden
- John-Peter Vinnars, KI, Sweden
- Chan Shi Yu, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Work with us
We are always looking to extend our team!
If you are interested in joining the CarlenLab, please send an email to Marie Carlén at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter describing your education, experience, and expertise relevant to the lab’s research. Please also let us know what your career goals are and what you hope to achieve in the CarlenLab.
Name and full contact information for 2-3 references ready to submit reference letters upon request is also highly appreciated.
Applications at all levels are welcome!
Contact and visit us
Contact information for the CarlenLab at the Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet.
Department of Neuroscience
171 77 Stockholm
Visiting address (visitors, couriers, etc.)
Biomedicum, Quarter B4, Room B0477
171 65 Solna
Delivery address (goods, parcels, etc.)
171 65 Solna