Tobias Lundgren´s research group
The research group's vision is to contribute, with warmth and commitment, to a more effective care for those suffering from mental illness and increase mental health and performance. The research group shall be a nationally and internationally leading group in the development of psychotherapy and psychological treatment and work in close collaboration with healthcare providers to develop treatment, implementation support and quality assurance procedures with a scientific approach.
The research covers the entire life span and the members of the research group are primarily employed at the Kompetenscentrum för psykoterapi (KCP)
The group also conducts educational research with a focus on psychotherapy education, where supervision, digital education and competence measurement are examples.
In addition to research on mental illness, the group runs projects aimed at sports and elite sports where the development and evaluation of psychological training programs to increase performance and manage mental illness in sports is an example.
The psychotherapy treatment programs developed by the group are administered both digitally and face-to-face as well as combination variants.
The research group collaborates with a variety of international and national researchers and research groups, find out more by choosing a researcher from the list at the bottom of the page.
Below you find a brief summary to give an overview of our research areas:
- Area 1 - Psychotherapy/Psychological Treatment
- Psychotherapy and psychological treatment are the common denominators of the group and we run a variety of projects to develop and evaluate psychological treatments. Examples of treatments that we work with are CBT, ACT, CFT, ACRA and transdiagnostic methods such as Unified Protocol.
- Contact person: Markus Jansson Fröjmark
- Area 2 - Education in psychotherapy
- Part of offering evidence-based treatments is to learn more about how we can teach treatments in the most effective way possible. Within the group, we conduct research on different forms of learning such as digital supervision, variation in supervision and telephone supervision
- Contact person: Sven Alfonsson
- Area 3 - Quality Assurance
- In order to deepen the knowledge about psychological treatment, conversations, education and care-related work, systematic follow-ups are required and to deepen the way we evaluate interventions.
- Contact person: Benjamin Bohman
- Area 4 – Psychometrics
- By developing and studying measurement procedures, we intend to contribute to more equal and efficient care. The research group runs a number of different psychometric projects where, among other things, we culturally adapt existing measures and develop new measurement procedures.
- Contact person: Farzaneh Badinlo
- Area 5 – Sports Psychology
- Sports psychology research with a focus on effective and psychologically sustainable sports is conducted through both internet-based interventions and "live" interventions. In addition to the training itself, studies are also made on measurement procedures and experiences of sports psychological interventions.
- Contact person: Gustaf Reinebo
- Area 6 – Implementation
- In order to fulfill the research group's vision to contribute to more effective care for those suffering from mental illness, it is necessary to study implementation processes of evidence-based models. Currently, the group's researchers contribute to supporting and studying the implementation of a range of interventions in psychiatric care.
- Contact person: Sigrid Salomonsson
- Statens Institutionsstyrelse (The National Board of Institutional Care)
- Vetenskapsrådet (Swedish Research Council)
- Stiftelsen KRIKA (KRIKA Foundation)
- Thuringsstiftelsen (Thuringfoundation)
- Centrum för Idrottsforskning (The Swedish Research Council for Sport Science)
- Innovationsfonden (The Innovation Fund)
- Söderström Köhnigska
- Riksbankens Jubileumsfond
The members of the research group conduct both research and education at the Kompetenscentrum för psykoterapi.