Research group Johan Askling
Chronic inflammatory disease epidemiology
We aim to address clinically and etiologically relevant questions regarding chronic inflammatory diseases, and their treatments, spanning from disease susceptibility, predictors of prognosis, and treatment response. We assess the comparative effectiveness and safety of available and emergent treatment options, society costs of disease and treatment outcomes.
The research group is divided into teams, each focusing on different diseases and/or questions. The teams are co-operating and share equipment, methods, results etc.
- Team Elizabeth Arkema: SLE and sarcoid.
- Team Johan Askling: Rheumatoid arthritis and similar chronic inflammatory joint diseases.
- Team Thomas Frisell: Multiple sclerosis.
- Team Marie Holmqvist: Rheumatic systemic diseases.
- Team Martin Neovius: Health economic aspects.
- Team Ola Olén: Inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Team Björn Pasternak: Pharmaco-epidemiology.