Eva Serlachius´s research group
Child and adolescent psychiatry
Mental illness are common among children and adolescents and are associated with significant impairment and negative consequences for psychosocial development. The overarching goal of the Serlachius research group is to develop and evaluate methods for diagnostics and treatment of mental illness in youth. The aim is to improve early detection and to increase availability to evidence based methods. We work mainly with anxiety disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and depression in children and adolescents.
The research group has extensive experience in developing and evaluating internet-delivered cognitive behavioral therapy (ICBT) for children and adolescents with different disorders as part of the Child Internet Project (BIP; www.bup.se/bip). Our aim is to be able to contribute with evidence based ICBT-programs that can be implemented and disseminated within regular health care.
We have developed a technical platform for ICBT that is used by several researchers, both nationally and internationally. In total, the research group has conducted more than 10 clinical trials and more than 1000 patients have now been treated in different BIP-projects.
- Generic ICBT for anxiety disorders
- ICBT vs internet-delivered support for youth with social anxiety disorder: A randomised controlled trial
- ICBT for adoelscents with generalised anxiety disorder
- Implementation of ICBT for children and adolescents with OCD: A randomised controlled non-inferiority study
- Feasibility, efficacy and cost-effectiveness of ICBT for adolescents with mild to moderate depression
- Social attention among children and adolescents with social anxiety disorder
- Kavli fondet
- Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Wellfare (Forte)
- The Swedish Foundation for Humanities and Social Sciences (Riksbankens Jubileumsfond)
- Jane and Dan Olsson Foundations (Jane och Dan Olssons stiftelse för Vetenskapliga ändamål)
- HSF Region Stockholm
- Center for Psychiatry Research, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm & Healthcare services, Stockholm County Council (CPF doktorandmånader)
- Stockholm County Council
- ALF and PPG project
- Clinical postdoctorial appointment ( Jens Högström förordnande som klinisk postdoktor)
- Clinical research appointment ( Eva Serlachius förordnande som högre klinisk forskare)
Efficacy and cost-effectiveness of therapist-guided internet cognitive behavioural therapy for paediatric anxiety disorders: a single-centre, single-blind, randomised controlled trial.
Jolstedt M, Wahlund T, Lenhard F, Ljótsson B, Mataix-Cols D, Nord M, et al
Lancet Child Adolesc Health 2018 11;2(11):792-801
Implementation of internet-delivered CBT for children with anxiety disorders in a rural area: A feasibility trial.
Jolstedt M, Ljótsson B, Fredlander S, Tedgård T, Hallberg A, Ekeljung A, et al
Internet Interv 2018 Jun;12():121-129
Navigating the development and dissemination of internet cognitive behavioral therapy (iCBT) for anxiety disorders in children and young people: A consensus statement with recommendations from the #iCBTLorentz Workshop Group.
Hill C, Creswell C, Vigerland S, Nauta MH, March S, Donovan C, et al
Internet Interv 2018 Jun;12():1-10
Prediction of outcome in internet-delivered cognitive behaviour therapy for paediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder: A machine learning approach.
Lenhard F, Sauer S, Andersson E, Månsson KN, Mataix-Cols D, Rück C, et al
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 2018 03;27(1):
Cost-effectiveness of therapist-guided internet-delivered cognitive behaviour therapy for paediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder: results from a randomised controlled trial.
Lenhard F, Ssegonja R, Andersson E, Feldman I, Rück C, Mataix-Cols D, et al
BMJ Open 2017 05;7(5):e015246
Therapist-Guided, Internet-Delivered Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Adolescents With Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
Lenhard F, Andersson E, Mataix-Cols D, Rück C, Vigerland S, Högström J, et al
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2017 01;56(1):10-19.e2
Internet-delivered cognitive behavioural therapy for children with anxiety disorders: A randomised controlled trial.
Vigerland S, Ljótsson B, Thulin U, Öst LG, Andersson G, Serlachius E
Behav Res Ther 2016 Jan;76():47-56
Autistic Traits and Symptoms of Social Anxiety are Differentially Related to Attention to Others' Eyes in Social Anxiety Disorder.
Kleberg JL, Högström J, Nord M, Bölte S, Serlachius E, Falck-Ytter T
J Autism Dev Disord 2017 Dec;47(12):3814-3821
Internet-delivered cognitive behavioural therapy for young children with obsessive-compulsive disorder: development and initial evaluation of the BIP OCD Junior programme.
Aspvall K, Andrén P, Lenhard F, Andersson E, Mataix-Cols D, Serlachius E
BJPsych Open 2018 May;4(3):106-112
Therapist-guided internet-delivered cognitive-behavioural therapy supplemented with group exposure sessions for adolescents with social anxiety disorder: a feasibility trial.
Nordh M, Vigerland S, Öst LG, Ljótsson B, Mataix-Cols D, Serlachius E, et al
BMJ Open 2017 Dec;7(12):e018345