Pediatric oncology is a constellation of interdisciplinary research groups that are conducting laboratory, clinical, survivorship and healthcare research with the common goal to improve the survival, quality of life, care and treatment of children and adolescents with cancer or hematological diseases. Education is also performed at many academic levels, and we arrange courses and national and international meetings, more information.
Research areas, and research group leaders and team leaders
- Translational research in childhood cancer. Research group leader: Nikolas Herold och Jan-Inge Henter. Independent researchers: Frida Holm and Shahrzad Shirazi Fard
- Childhood Neural Tumors. Research group leaders: Per Kogner, John Inge Johnsen and Malin Wickström, Team leader: Ninib Baryawno
- Leukaemia, Coagulation, Clinical Trials and Registry Studies. Research group leader: Mats Heyman, Team leader: Susanna Ranta
- Childhood Cancer Healthcare Research. Research goup leader: Pernilla Pergert, Team leaders: Emma Hovén, Ulrika Kreicbergs
- Injury and Repair in the Immature Brain. Research group leader: Klas Blomgren
- Infections and Immunity in the Immunocompromised Child. Research group leader: Anna Nilsson
- NORDFERTIL Research Lab Stockholm. Research group leader: Jan-Bernd Stukenborg
- Tumor Modelling and Experimental Therapies. Research group leader: Jakob Stenman
- Childhood Cancer Epidemiology Group. Research group leader: Päivi Lähteenmäki
Are you a student?
At our division we are welcoming students for different types of short term projects, for example Degree projects, Master thesis, Bachelor projects, ST-projects, research training etc. On this page we list current projects that would be suitable for short term work in our research groups.