ARC - Organisation
The Aging Research Center is a division within the Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society (NVS). Although physically and administratively located at KI, the support from Stockholm University is significant for all our activities and forms a valuable basis for achieving stability and continuity in our work.
ARC's organisation consists of the Operational Leadership Team, the Strategic Leadership Team, the Administration Group, two Junior representatives and the External Advisory Board.
Operational Leadership Team
The Operational Leadership Team meets every three weeks and deals with everyday decision-making and information sharing.
Strategic Leadership Team/Research group leaders
The Strategic Leadership Team consists of the research group leaders at ARC. The team meets every three weeks and share responsibility for major strategic discussions and decisions.
There are currently eight research groups within the division, categorised into three scientific areas: Medical Epidemiology, Psychology and Social Gerontology.
The administration at ARC supports management, staff and affiliates in the day-to-day work.
Communication (external consultant)
External Advisory Board
The External Advisory Board gathers several three times a year to discuss ARC's scientific, economic and organisational development as well as collaboration with the surrounding society.
- Mårten Palme, Professor of Economics, Stockholm University (Chair)
- Martin Annetorp, Community Health Manager, Stockholm County's healthcare area - SLSO
- Bo Burström, Professor/senior physician, Department of Public Glibal Health (GPH), Karolinska Institutet
- Maria Ankarcrona, Head of the Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society (NVS) and Professor of Experimenatl Neurogeriatrics, Karolinska Institutet (KI-representative)
- Johanna Hållén, Secretary-General, PRO (the Swedish National Pensioners’ Organisation)
- Maria Masucci, Professor of Virology, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institutet
- Susanne Rolfner Suvanto, Manager, Omvårdnadsinstitutet (the Nursing Institute)
- Ola Sjöberg, Professor of Sociology, Swedish Institute for Social Research, Stockholm university
- Maria Stanfors, Deputy Dean, Lund University School of Economics and Management (LUSEM), Professor Department of Economic History and Centre for Economic Demography, Lund University
- Carin Lennartsson, Director/Deputy Head of ARC, Senior lecturer
Where to find us
Aging Research Center, Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society
SE-171 77 Stockholm
Tomtebodavägen 18 A, Widerström Building, floors 9 and 10
SE-171 65 Solna