StratRegen is a strategic research area in stem cell research and regenerative medicine at Karolinska Institutet, supported by the government through the program for strategic research areas (SFO).
Stem cells play an important role in the development of tissues, and for maintenance and regeneration of tissues in adulthood. Research in this field is rapidly expanding our understanding of these processes. Stem cell therapies are established in clinical medicine for malignant as well as for non-malignant conditions and novel therapies are continuously developed and entered in preclinical and clinical trials.
Our vision is to support research and infrastructure within the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine with the aim to enhance quality and significance, as well as clinical value of this program. The SFO will support researchers, research programs and infrastructure at the Karolinska Institutet (KI) with or without collaboration with the health care system based on scope, quality, and the potential to strengthen and develop the field.
Management and organisation
- Anna Falk, Department of Neuroscience
- Ernest Arenas, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Jonas Frisén, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology
- Robert Månsson, Department of Laboratory Medicine
- Thomas Perlmann, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology
- Andras Simon, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology
- Kirsty Spalding, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, and the Integrated Cardio Metabolic Centre (ICMC)