Past grant awardees
All SFO grants awardees from 2017 to 2021.
Junior grant 2021 awardees
1. Yenan Bryceson – Project title: Deciphering the function of SAMD9 and SAMD9L tumor suppressors in stemcell disorders
2. Pauliina Damdimopoulou – Project title: Regenerating human ovaries in vitro
3. Qiaolin Deng – Project title: Revealing deleterious gene dosage effects on germline specification and testicular stem cell niche in Klinefelter syndrome by single-cell technology
4. Phillip Newton – Project title: How is human growth maintained throughout childhood?
5. Björn Reinius – Project title: Modes and mechanisms of dosage compensation upon chromosome copy number imbalance
6. Georgios Sotiriou – Project title: Bone tissue engineering by stem cells and calcium phosphate nanobiomaterials
Senior grant 2021 awardees
1. Jonas Frisén – Project title: Building relay circuits from resident neural stem cells
2. Christian Göritz – Project title: Elucidating the regenerative potential of astrocyte-derived striatal neurogenesis
3. Maria Kasper – Project title: Decoding molecular and cellular mechanisms controlling self-renewal and regeneration of skin
4. Roman Zubarev – Project title: Development of ultra-pure progenitors using plurifaceted single-cell proteomics
Clinical grant 2021 awardees
1. Mikael Svensson – Project title: Clinical grade human neural stem/progenitor cell therapy for chronic spinalcord injury
2. Magnus Tobiasson – Project title: Prediction of relapse after allogeneic stem cell transplantation by identifying patient- specific mutations in the hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell compartment in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome
Junior grant 2020 awardees
- Eduardo Villablanca – Project title: Identification of novel cellular and molecular mechanisms promoting intestinal stem cell-mediated tissue regeneration following injury.
- Francois Lallemend – Project title: Genetic control of neuronal survival: implications for cancer therapies
- Fredrik Lanner – Project title: Treating diabetes with the use of genome engineered embryonic stem cells in the eye
- Makoto Sahara – Project title: Human Cardiac Outflow Tract Cono-Ventricular Progenitors During Cardiogenesis and Congenital Heart Disease
- Maria Genander – Project title: Redefining the esophageal stem cell niche – towards targeting of squamous cell carcinoma
- Ulrika Marklund – Project title: Neuron Diversity Formation in the Enteric Nervous System as Basis for Regenerative Treatment of Gastrointestinal Disease
- Volker Lauschke – Project title: Unravelling the molecular mechanisms underlying hepatopancreatic plasticity
Junior grant 2019 awardees
- Anna Rising – Project title: Artificial spider silk for neural repair.
- Björn Högberg – Project title: Spatial Transcriptomics of a Stem Cell Niche Using DNA Microscopy.
Senior grant 2019 awardees
- Yihai Cao – Project title: Vascular stem cells in controlling brown adipose mass and functions.
- Thomas Perlmann - András Simon – Project title: Elucidating the regenerative potential of radial glia-like cells in the midbrain.
Clinical grant 2019 awardees
- Anders Kvanta – Project title: Gene-edited embryonic stem cell-derived retinal cells for regenerative treatment of macular degeneration
- Petter Höglund – Project title: Acid stripping of platelet HLA class I: from basic studies to clinical use
in platelet refractory patients with HLA antibodies
- Johanna Ungerstedt – Project title: Functional consequences of TET2 loss of function mutation in hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells, using chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML) as a model disease
Junior grant 2018 awardees
- Andrei Chagin – Project title: A novel stem cell niche in the epiphyseal growth plate.
- Olov Andersson – Project title: In vivo drug discovery for induction of β-cell neogenesis. Research group
Senior grant 2018 awardees
- Ernest Arenas – Project title: A reprogramming strategy to treat Parkinson’s disease.
- Sten Eirik Jacobsen – Project title: Cellular, molecular and clinical surveillance of clonal hematopoiesis during aging.
Clinical grant 2018 awardees
- Andreas Björklund – Project title: Development of allogeneic Natural Killer Cell-Based Cancer Immunotherapy Against Myeloid Malignancies.
- Niklas Björkström – Project title: Regeneration and hematopoiesis of the human liver
Infrastructure grant 2018 awardee
- Rickard Sandberg – Project title: Eukaryotic Single-cell Genomics Facility
Junior grant 2017 awardees
- Martin Enge – Project title: Role of cancer stem cells and their stromal support niche in relapse of acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Sidinh Luc – Project title: Epigenetic Profiling of Lineage-biased Hematopoietic Stem Cells.
Senior grant 2017 awardee
- Jonas Frisén – Project titel: Identification and characterization of cell lineages in regenerative medicine. Research group
Infrastructure grant 2017 awardees
- Anna Falk – Project title: A pre-clinical and clinical resource of GMP iPS cells for regenerative research
iPS Core Facility
- Fredrik Lanner – Project title: Clinical grade embryonic stem cells.
- Per Uhlén – Project title: 3D imaging of whole tissues: Opening a new window into regenerative medicine. Research group
- Petter Woll – Project title: MedH Flow Cytometry Facility. Research group
- Pontus Blomberg – Project title: Establishment of a Regulatory Support Function for the Development of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) Intended for Clinical Use.
- Staffan Strömblad – Project title: Light sheet technology platform. Research group