About Stockholm Public Health Lectures
Stockholm Public Health Lectures are open popular science lectures held by leading experts within public health. The lecture series is presented by the Department of Global Public Health together with the Center of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, Region Stockholm.
The lecture series focuses on key topics in the area of public health, as well as issues that concern the planning and commissioning of healthcare. Stockholm Public Health Lectures is held twice per semester.
The events are held in English, free to attend and targeted to a broad audience. After each lecture a reception with snacks and soft drinks follows open for all participants.
Stockholm Public Health Lectures is held twice per semester. See upcoming lectures in the calendar list. When the list is empty, no upcoming lectures are advertised.
Watch previous lectures
Lectures from 2022:
May:Stockholm Public Health Lectures: Agenda for reducing cannabis use and crime in Stockholm County - Rosaria Galanti, Sven Granath, Vania Ceccato, Pia Kvillemo, Jan Jönsson och Johan Franck.
Lectures from 2021:
October: From policy to evidence – catching up with the rapid implementation of COVID-19 response measures - Jacob Burns, Lisa Askie and panel discussion between Jacob Burns, Lisa Askie, Anders Tegnell and Ole Petter Ottersen.
Lectures from 2020:
- November: Going from evidence to action - When is evidence enough? - Zili Sloboda och Gregor Burkhart
This lecture is not published and available to watch online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access to the filmed version of the lecture.
Download Zili Sloboda's presentation material and the material from Gregor Burkhart's lecture.
- February: Using prevention science to guide community action - J. David Hawkins
Watch the lectures from 2019:
- November: Launch of the public health report 2019 ("Folkhälsorapporten") - please note that event was held in Swedish
- September: Social inequalities in health - what can be done to reduce them? - Terje Eikemo, Olle Lundberg, Johan Carlson
- May: Diverging trends in premature mortality in the new world: winners and losers - Amy Berrington de González, Andreas Bergh
- February: Universal healthcare access in an era of migration part 1 - Hannah Bradby
- February: Universal healthcare access in an era of migration part 2 - Dominik Zenner
Watch the lectures from 2018: