mHealth- Mobile Phone Applications
The eHealth Core Facility can help you develop and test mobile phone based interventions. We provide support from mHealth ideas, through software development, usability testing and clinical trials.
What is mHealth?
mHealth is an abbreviation for mobile health, a term for the use of mobile devices in medicine and public health. The field of mHealth includes the help of mobile phones to collect clinical health data and the development of smartphone apps to track diseases, provide easy-access public health information, provide education for healthcare professionals and to serve as treatment support. Smartphone apps can also be used for remote monitoring and remote data collection.
In the field of mHealth, the eHealth Core Facility mainly provides solutions for the development and evaluation of smartphone apps to be used in a wide range of health care contexts. We have long experience in testing and implementing mHealth tools. Here you can see an example of our work in this field.
Our mHealth services
- On-demand Software Development: We can custom develop smartphone apps to suit your needs. We work with open source software in order to ensure sustainability in research. You can find more information on open source software here.
- Design: We can help you design your smartphone app to suit your needs.
- Content: We can provide digital content for promoting behavioral change in multiple fields (e.g. nutrition, physical activity, psychiatric disorders).
- Usability testing: We can help you make sure the product is easy to use and suitable for your population.
- Publication: We can publish your KI-developed IOS smartphone app under the developer Karolinska Insitutet in Apple's App Store.
- Implementation: We can provide support for implementation of your mHealth solution.
Initial consultation: 0 SEK
A first meeting is always free of charge. The aim of this meeting is to establish your needs and demands and to discuss how the eHealth Core Facility can support your study. Depending on the size and nature of your requirement, different pricing is applied (see below). Please contact us through email@example.com if you are interested in discussing your eHealth project with us.
Small projects: 700 SEK/hour
For limited assignments (e.g. mHealth workshop or usability testing) the eHealth Core Facility will charge an hourly fee.
Large projects: Fixed compensation
For larger projects and collaboration with the eHealth Core Facility (e.g. support in all parts of an mHealth study, including software development) a fixed compensation will be agreed upon.