Annual StratNeuro Retreat
The StratNeuro retreat is our annual meeting targeted to our neuroscience community at Karolinska Institutet (KI), Umeå University (UMU) and the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH). Our aim is to cover a broad range of neuroscience topics from the different departments and institutions in the StratNeuro constellation.
The 2023 StratNeuro Retreat will be held at Djurönäset on 29-30 May. Registration is now open!
The programme is available on our calendar event page.
The scientific programme will consist of three plenary sessions, a poster session, and two break-out sessions with two parallel mini-symposia/workshops in each session.
The programme covers a broad range of neuroscience topics from the different departments and institutions in the Stratneuro, as well as wider NeuroTechEU "constellation".
The poster session on the evening of 29 May is a major highlight of the StratNeuro retreat where participants will have the opportunity to network and discuss all the latest exciting work, while enjoying some snacks and drinks.
Several KI Core Facilities and infrastructures serving the Neuroscience community will also be participating at the poster session.
- Lars Lannfelt, Professor emeritus at the Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Uppsala University
- Michael Brecht, Professor at the Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience, Humboldt University, Germany
- Guillermina López-Bendito, Professor at Instituto de Neurociencias, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Spain
We have reached full capacity and all registrations to the event are now closed.
Changes to your registration, cancellations, problems logging in?
If you have questions about your registration, need to make changes or cancellations, please send an email to email@example.com.
Posters should be in portrait format (dimensions 84 cm wide x 119 cm high).
In this retreat you have a chance to receive one of the following honours and awards:
- Neuro picture of the year - (the winner and runner-up will have their pictures featured on the StratNeuro retreat program and will receive a prize gift).
- To compete, save your picture as a high resolution standard format (TIFF, PNG, JPG or PDF) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org, including picture caption (subject: Picture SN retreat 2023) no later than 24 April 2023.
- Best poster (two categories: pre-clinical & translational/clinical). The winners will receive a prize gift.
- Best poster blitz (two categories: pre-clinical & translational/clinical). The winners will receive a prize gift.
- If you selected to participate in the poster blitz, you may be one of the 10 Poster blitz presenters that will be selected among the abstracts. Selected abstract authors will receive instructions on how to prepare, at the beginning of May.
- Arvind Kumar, Division of Computational Science and Technology, The Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
- Emanuela Santini, Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet
- Eric Westman, Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institutet
- Fredrik Piehl, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet
- Gilad Silberberg, Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet
- Joana Pereira, Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institutet
- Vasco Sousa, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet
The 2022 StratNeuro Retreat took place at Runö in Åkersberga between 18-20 May. It was a somewhat special retreat and many were eager to meet again. The organisers worked particularly hard to make this meeting a productive and memorable one.