Theoretical and empirical aspects of Occupational Transitions
The overall aim of this project is to develop an understanding of general mechanisms that occur within occupational transitions in human development.
Within the context of the retirement transition aspects like meaning, rhythm, balance and the division of occupation has been studied and related to health and well-being. Studies of occupational balance also include the relationship between challenging and/or relaxing occupations in everyday life.
Although various methods have been used an emphasis on using narrative methodology to understand human occupation has been employed.
Staffan Josephsson, professor, Ph.D., reg. OT
Dennis Persson, Ph.D., reg. OT
- Jonsson, H., Persson, D. (2006). Towards an Experiential Model of Occupational Balance : An Alternative Perspective on Flow Theory Analysis. Journal of Occupational Science, 13 (1), 62-73.
- Hemmingsson, H., Jonsson H. (2005). An Occupational Perspective on the Concept of Participation in the ICF: Some Critical Remarks. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 59, 569-576.
- Wallenbert, I., Jonsson, H. (2004). The dilemma of habits and routines in daily occupations: A study of reorganisation after stroke. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 59, 218-224.
- Jonsson, H., Josephsson, S., Kielhofner, G. (2001) Narratives and experience in an occupational transition: A longitudinal study of the retirement process. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 55, 424-432.
- Jonsson, H., Josephsson, S., Kielhofner, G. (2001) Evolving Narratives in the Course of Retirment. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 54, 463-476.
- Jonsson, H., Borell, L., Sadlo, G. (2000). Retirement: An occupational transition with consequences on temporality, rhythm and balance. Journal of Occupational Science, 7, 5-13.
- Translated to Spanish: Jubilación: Una transición ocupacional con consecuencias en la temporalidad, equilibrio y significado de la ocupación. Terapia Occupational, 4 (7-18), 2003.
- Jonsson, H., Andersson, L. (1999) Attitudes to Work and Retirement - Generalization or Diversity? Scandinavian Journal of Occupational Therapy 6 (1), 29-35.
- Jonsson, H., Kielhofner, G., Borell, B. (1997), Anticipating Retirement: The Formation of Narratives Concerning an Occupational Transition. American Journal of Occupational Theraphy 51 (1), 49-56.
Chapter in books
- Jonsson, H. (2005). Pensioneringsprocessen i ett aktivitetsperspektiv (The retirement process in an occupational perspective). In Bendixen, H.J., Borg, T., Pedersen, E.F., & Altenborg, U. (Eds.): Aktivitetsvidenskab i et nordisk perspektiv (Occupational science in a nordic perspective). Copenhagen: FADLs forlag.
- Jonsson, H., Josephsson, S. (2005) Occupation and meaning. In Christansen & Baum (Eds): Occupational therapy: Participation, participation and well-being. Thorofare, N.J.: Slack.
- Jonsson, H., Josephsson, S., Kielhofner, G. (2003). Narratives and experience in an occupational transition: A longitudinal study of the retirement process. In Corcoran, M.A. (Ed): Geriatric Issues in Occupational Therapy. Bethseda: The American Occupational Therapy Association Inc.