The Department of Dental Medicine protects the environment
The Department strives to conduct education, research and dentistry in harmony with the development towards a sustainable society. That's why we are environmentally certified.
We are environmentally certified according to the international environmental management standard ISO 14001:2015. The certification covers both the Department of Dental Medicine and the University Dental Clinic. It means that we have a structured way of working towards continuous improvement and reduction of our negative environmental impact.
Our environmental policy
The Department of Dental Medicine at Karolinska Institutet conducts education, research and delivers oral healthcare that take place in harmony with the development towards a sustainable society. To achieve this, we shall:
- educate and engage students and staff in environmental issues and inform about the Department´s, the University Dental Clinic´s and Karolinska Institutet's environmental work
- conduct environmental work that prevents and reduces the overall negative environmental impact, with a focus on the environmental impact of the business
- address environmental considerations in the business where relevant
- set environmental requirements in procurement and purchasing
- consider laws, regulations and other requirements in environmental work
- have an environmental work that is characterized by continuous improvement