The Department of Dental Medicine protects the environment
The Department strives to conduct education, research and dentistry in harmony with the development towards a sustainable society. That's why we are environmentally certified.
We are environmentally certified according to the international environmental management standard ISO 14001:2015. The certification covers both the Department of Dental Medicine and the University Dental Clinic. It means that we have a structured way of working towards continuous improvement and reduction of our negative environmental impact.
Certifikate for the Department o Dental Medicine
Our environmental policy
The Department of Dental Medicine at Karolinska Institutet conducts education, research and delivers oral healthcare that take place in harmony with the development towards a sustainable society. To achieve this, we shall:
- educate and engage students and staff in environmental issues and inform about the Department´s, the University Dental Clinic´s and Karolinska Institutet's environmental work
- conduct environmental work that prevents and reduces the overall negative environmental impact, with a focus on the environmental impact of the business
- address environmental considerations in the business where relevant
- set environmental requirements in procurement and purchasing
- consider laws, regulations and other requirements in environmental work
- have an environmental work that is characterized by continuous improvement