StratNeuro is the strategic research area neuroscience at Karolinska Institutet, Umeå University and KTH for integrating clinical and basic research and to foster a new generation of leaders and scientists in translational neuroscience.
- StratNeuro aims to support recruitment of new group leaders with an outstanding track record in the neuroscience area. StratNeuro therefore invites researchers, who conduct research in the neuroscience area and have been granted a Karolinska Institutet Faculty Funded Assistant Professor position, or a Starting grant from VR (Swedish research council) to apply for a start-up grant of 500.000 SEK/year for 2 years.
- StratNeuro also aims to provide a competitive startup funding package to promote external recruitments, and to support international researchers who aim to establish their group at KI. StratNeuro therefore invites external researchers who have been granted a VR (Swedish research council) Starting grant or a Karolinska Institutet Faculty Funded Assistant Professor position to apply for 2 million SEK (startup grant SEK 1 million/year for 2 years).
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Start-up Programme for Clinical Researchers
StratNeuro aims support clinically active researchers in neuroscience at KI and who have been granted a “Klinisk forskare” or a “Högre klinisk forskare” grant from Region Stockholm. Researchers who fulfil these criteria are invited to apply for our start-up grant of 250.000 SEK/year for 2 years.
Contact email@example.com to apply.
Collaborative Neuroscience Projects
This funding is aimed towards multidisciplinary collaborations for high risk/high impact research projects in all areas of neuroscience.
Funding for Postdoctoral Researchers
This StratNeuro funding aims to support outstanding postdoctoral researchers in basic and clinical neuroscience who are already conducting research at KI and need support to continue and complete their projects.
- Call for application to a Bridging Grant at consolidator leve
- Application period: 14 November – 5 December 2022
- External review: December 2022 – January 2023
- Decision and announcements: Late January – early February 2023
New Technologies grant
The grant is intended to support investigators to pursue innovative and high-risk projects focused on developing new technologies and methods to study the nervous system. Proposals can include a collaboration partner when it is necessary for the technology development. StratNeuro aims to fund a diverse and gender-balanced group of investigators.
Funded projects are expected to openly disseminate the new technologies to advance research across many neuroscience laboratories in the StratNeuro network.
Deadline for applications is 17 of November 2023.
Visiting scholar grant
The StratNeuro Visiting Scholars funding aims to attract outstanding scholars from non-Swedish universities for short-term visits (1-6 months long). This call aims to strengthen international collaborations and scientific exchange in the StratNeuro community.
For the Visiting Scholar this is an opportunity to engage with neuroscientists at the Karolinska Institutet.
Applications can be submitted twice a year.
- Deadline for 2023 is 15 October 2023 (no later than 23:59).
- Deadline for 2024 is 10 March 2024 (no later than 23:59).
Funding for research conference support
StratNeuro support for neuroscience research conference or workshop. Applications are welcome from both junior and senior researchers.
NeurotechEU travel grants
The NeurotechEU Collaborative Travel Grant provides support for transportation and accommodation up to 10 000 SEK to any of the partners in NeurotechEU. If you travel by train, you will receive an additional 2000 SEK. The visits should last 2-4 days. The grant will be paid to your project.
The proposal deadline is 24 July 2023. Proposals submitted after the deadline will not be considered.