About the Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics
The vision of MBB is to conduct world class research and to be a department that continues to be internationally renowned for its scientific discoveries. In addition, MBB shall pursue undergraduate and doctoral education of the highest standard.
The Executive Council (ledningsgrupp) handles day-to-day administrative matters at the department. The committee has the following composition:
- Sten Linnarsson, head of MBB
- Jesper Haeggström, deputy head of MBB
- Katja Petzold, senior researcher at MBB
- Carina Hammarström, head of administration at MBB
- Natalia Persson Demin, accounting supervisor at MBB
- Lina Rowland, HR Manager
The Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics currently has twelve research divisions, whose research focus on basic science and mechanisms that cause disease.
MBB also has two divisions that are composed of core facilities and additional core facilities which are affiliated to the research divisions (see the organizational scheme, core facilities are marked in gray).
Carina Hammarström - Head of administration
- Natalia Persson Demin - Head of Finance
- Anna Bengtsson Jemt - Financial assistant
- Marjan Madani - Financial assistant
- Lina Rowland - HR Manager, contact person for Division of:
- Chemistry I,
- Chemistry II,
- Molecular Neurobiology,
- Molecular Structuralbiology,
- Vascular Biology,
- Chemical Biology
- Linnea Holm - HR Coordinator, all MBB: Recruiting, PhD recruiting, contact person for Division of:
- Functional genomics,
- Genome biology,
- Molecular Metabolism
- Anneli Svarén - HR Administrator. Responsible for KI Scholarships (undergraduate, postdoctoral and top up of external PhD scholarships), expense claims, travel profiles, secondary occupations, registry and archiving, IDAC administration (e-mail and passwords for associated/non employed staff) and sick leave.
KI's central IT-support: email@example.com, 08-524 822 22.
Tabea Kemna - Communications officer. Available at the Central Administration on Tuesdays. Responsible for the MBB website and other communications, e.g. help with advertising conferences.
Archive and information management
+46-8-524 800 00 (switchboard)
SE-171 77 Stockholm
171 65 Solna
The Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics (MBB) was founded in 1993 as a merger between the former departments of Physiological Chemistry, Biochemistry and Medical Biophysics. The department has a long heritage of internationally renowned research.
Prominent researchers within MBB's area of research are Jöns Jacob Berzelius, who among other things discovered the element Selenium, and the Nobel Prize laureates Hugo Theorell (for his discoveries concerning the nature and mode of action of oxidation enzymes), Sune Bergström and Bengt Samuelsson (for their discoveries concerning prostaglandins and related biologically active substances).