Karolinska Center for Transgene Technologies
The Karolinska Center for Transgene Technologies (KCTT) provides services including the generation and cryopreservation of genetically modified mouse strains, embryonic stem cell lines and related techniques.
KCTT offer services primarily to research groups at KI, but also to other academic groups worldwide when capacity allows.
Submit an enquiry online
Clients from Karolinska Institutet currently have the possibility to submit enquiries online for a selection of our services. Log on to the form using your KI ID. More information is available once you have logged in.
Available online enquiry forms are:
Clients who are affiliated with institutions outside Karolinska Institutet are welcome to contact us via email. For questions regarding the online enquiry service or for general queries, please find our contact details below.
- Pronuclear injection of DNA constructs for production of transgenic mice
- Gene targeting of embryonic stem cells
- Blastocyst and morula injection of targeted embryonic stem cells for production of knockout/in mice
- Derivation of new mouse embryonic stem cell lines
- Re-derivation of mouse strains in co-operation with the Import Portal at Karolinska Institutet
- Mouse embryo and sperm cryopreservation, see Archiving of mouse strains
- In vitro fertilisation (IVF)
Please contact us for a price list for our services.
Organisation and partners
In close collaboration with the Import Portal we perform re-derivation and pathogen elimination of mouse strains via embryo transfer into SPF-conditions according to current FELASA health specifications.
KCTT is also a partner of the European Mouse Mutant Archive (EMMA), a repository for archiving and distribution of mutant mouse strains. EMMA is in turn part of the European Infrafrontier Research Infrastructure.
KCTT is since 2011 operated by Comparative Medicine at Karolinska Institutet. KCTT is financed mainly by KI core facility grants and user fees.