The PhD courses should cover all aspects of the research project. PhD courses completed within KI are automatically registered into Ladok by the department responsible for that particular course. You can transfer credits for relevant courses completed at other universities.
Obligatory basic courses for all students
- Introduction course – complete during the first year
- Statistics – at least 1.5 credits - complete by halftime
- Research ethics – at least 1.5 credits - complete by halftime
- Science communication - at least 1.5 credits
Obligatory courses for certain students
The courses below can't be counted as project-specific courses.
If you work:
- With patients or patient material - 'Good clinical practice (GCP)' - complete by halftime
Note: If you have completed Epidemiology I, II, III and Biostatistics I, it is sufficient to take the GCP course offered by Region Stockholm. You need to apply for credit transfer for this course
- With animals or animal material - 'Laboratory animal science'
- In a lab environment - 'Laboratory safety' or 'Good laboratory practice (GLP)' - complete by halftime
If you don’t have:
- An undergraduate degree in medicine, biomedicine or equivalent education with a basic understanding of human biology - 'Human biology or pathology'
Note: It will be stated in the section 7 of your ISP, which of these courses you need to take.
Project-specific courses for all students
Courses organised by doctoral programmes
See all doctoral programmes at KI
The relevance to the individual study plan of these subject-specific courses is determined by both the student and supervisor.
The Director of Doctoral education will determine in each case which and to what degree courses can be accredited.