2. PhD COURSES
Go back or forward
PhD courses completed within KI are automatically registered into Ladok by the department responsible for that particular course. Courses completed at other universities - check section 3 - Credit transfer. The PhD courses should cover all aspects of the research project.
Rules and general syllabus for doctoral education
Obligatory basic courses for all students
- Statistics – at least 1.5 credits - complete by halftime
- Research ethics – at least 1.5 credits - complete by halftime
- Science communication - at least 1.5 credits
Obligatory courses for certain students
The courses below can't be counted as project-specific courses.
If you work:
- With patients or patient material - 'Good clinical practice (GCP)' - complete by halftime
- With animals or animal material - 'Laboratory animal science'
- In a lab environment - 'Laboratory safety' or 'Good laboratory practice (GLP)' - complete by halftime
If you don’t have:
- An undergraduate degree in medicine, biomedicine or equivalent education with a basic understanding of human biology - 'Human biology or pathology'
Project-specific courses for all students
Courses organised by doctoral programmes
See all doctoral programmes at KI
The relevance to the individual study plan of these subject-specific courses is determined by both the student and supervisor.
The Director of Doctoral education will determine in each case which and to what degree courses can be accredited.