The Personalised Cancer Medicine Program at Karolinska Institutet
The Personalised Cancer Medicine Program at Karolinska Institutet (KIPCM) is a research initiative with the primary task to strengthen the infrastructure for team science addressing PCM.
The foundation of the activities is to create a strong network, especially between KI, Karolinska University Hospital (K) and Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab), to facilitate the development of PCM as a leading treatment concept in academic cancer healthcare in Stockholm. It also serves the local contact point for collaborations with major cancer centers in Europe within the organization Cancer Core Europe.
- to enhance the local machinery for early clinical trials (phase 0-II)
- to optimize the collaboration with Cancer Core Europe (CCE)
- to support the development of bioinformatics support and clinical decision tools
- to find solutions for local, national and international data-sharing
- to exploit modern diagnostic imaging technologies for PCM-research
- to involve patient representatives and utilize patient self-reported data
The PCM Program is generously supported by The Cancer Research Funds of Radiumhemmet.