Blue Sky Grant for Innovative Cancer Research & Technology 2022
Cancer Research KI hereby announces up to six project grants in cancer research for well-defined innovative pilot projects that aim to demonstrate proof of principle.
The project should be of a "high risk – high reward" type that cannot yet attract funding from conventional funding agencies. The aim should be to obtain proof of principle and thereby provide the basis to obtain other funding. The project should not be a continuation or expansion of already funded projects.
The Blue Sky grant call is aimed for research projects relevant to the cancer field.
The call is open for researchers at Karolinska Institutet (including post-docs) and the research should be performed at KI. All faculty with a Ph.D. and working at least 50% at any KI Department are eligible to apply for funding.
The grant is for one year, amounts to SEK 500 000 + 25 % INDI, and can cover all kinds of project-related costs, except stipends.
The projects will be initially assessed by members of the Cancer Research KI Executive board and a final ranking will be conducted by external reviewers.
Detailed application instructions
The application should be written in English and contain:
- Research program (five pages maximum, including references). It should be explicitly defined WHY this is a Blue Sky Grant project without prior funding.
- Short CV of the principal investigator (including current funding).
- Publication list for the last eight years (2014-2022) in reversed chronological order. Please mark your five most important publications with an asterisk and emphasize your own name in bold. Please categorize your publications (1. peer-reviewed original articles in international journals, 2. peer-reviewed conference contributions, 3. review articles/ book chapters, 4. patents).
- Project budget (simple project budget for the Blue Sky grant sum).
Only application submitted via Prisma will be accepted.
- Go to https://prisma.research.se/
- Create an account if you haven't done it before and log in.
- Click on 'applications and grants' tab
- Sort ascending the funder to see Karolinska Institutet on the first page
- Click 'Apply' at Cancer Research KI Blue Sky Grant 2022
If you have any question please write to Cancer Research KI firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: October 17th 2022, 2 pm