Preclinical Imaging Facility (PIF)
Preclinical Imaging Facility (PIF) is a small animal imaging hub at Flemingsberg campus, and a part of the Preclinical Laboratory (PKL). PIF together with PKL provides a full range of preclinical study services for academia and industry sectors, providing them with high quality preclinical study data.
Multiple imaging modalities are available at PIF, include luminescence imaging, fluorescence imaging, micro-computer tomography (u-CT), micro-ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging. The combination of multiple imaging modalities in preclinical studies will help the researchers to understand the molecular, cellular and physiological changes in living animals and to predict the outcome of new treatments in patients.
The following live imaging applications for small animals are available:
- 2D/3D bioluminescence imaging
- 2D/3D flourescence imaging
- 2D/3D micro CT imaging
- 3D bioluminescence/flourescence imaging – CT co-registration
- 2D/3D micro ultrasound imaging: B-mode, Color Doppler mode, Power Doppler mode, Contrast mode
- 2D/3D photoacustic imaging: Oxy-Hemo mode