Proteomics Biomedicum (previously Proteomics Karolinska PK/KI) is the proteomics core facility at KI located at the Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics. We provide services using best available proteomics techniques and methods with focus on quantitative proteomics, both label-free and multiplexed TMT-labeling.
- Large scale quantitative proteomics experiments
- Single cell proteomics by mass spectrometry
- Accurate molecular mass determination of peptides and small proteins.
- Detection of posttranslational modification and their localization on the amino acid sequence.
- General protein identification in gel and solution
If you are interested in using our services or you wish to discuss your project, please contact lab manager Akos Vegvari.
- Orbitrap Lumos (Thermo Scientific) - High-resolution, high mass accuracy tribid mass spectrometer
- Orbitrap Fusion (Thermo Scientific) - High-resolution, high mass accuracy tribid mass spectrometer
- Q Exactive HF (Thermo Scientific) - High-resolution, high mass accuracy Orbitrap mass spectrometer
- Q Exactive (Thermo Scientific) - High-resolution, high mass accuracy Orbitrap mass spectrometer
- UltiMate 3000 2D Nano LC System (Thermo Scientific) – Two-dimensional ultra high pressure, nano-flow liquid chromatography system
- UltiMate 3000 Nano LC (Thermo Scientific) - Ultra high pressure nano-flow liquid chromatography systems
- nEasy-LC 1000 (Thermo Fisher) - Ultra high pressure nano flow liquid chromatography systems
- TriVersa NanoMate (Advion Metabolomics) - Chip-based electrospray ionization source
Proteomic analysis of SARS-CoV2 infected human cells
We have recently completed a proteomic analysis with human cells infected with SARS-CoV-2 generating unique data quantifying >7000 human and 5 viral proteins in a time series. The proteomic results were interplayed with transcriptomic data resulting in a novel insight to how SARS-CoV-2 can alter the cellular processes.
The manuscript is currently under review but the proteomic data is already published.