Admission procedure at CNS
See also: Supervisor Competence and Resources
A PhD application should include the following documents:
1. 'Green Light' application including the following:
- Certificate - Obligatory main supervisor training course (exception: those who has previously acted as a principal supervisor for at least one doctoral student who has gained a Swedish doctorate. In this case the number of doctoral students who has gained a Swedish doctorate must appear on Green light application under ”Comments/other relevant information”)
- Certificate - Obligatory web course for supervisors
Note: If you have been supervisor for a doctoral student who has gained a Swedish doctorate, please write the number of doctoral student and your role (main supervisor or co-supervisor) on your Green light application under ”Comments/other relevant information”.
2. Form Establishment of doctoral position
3. Form Financial plan
4. Supervision plan CNS
5. Research and training plan CNS - download
6. Copy of ethical application and approval, if appropriate
Deadlines for application: 1st of February, 1st of May, 1st of September, 1st of November each year (applies to all applications).
Send the following documents to (pdf or hard copy): Alexandre Beckman, Tomtebodavägen 18A floor 5, 171 77 Stockholm.
Revision time: up to 4 weeks after the deadline.
If you already have an employment through Stockholm County Council or an industrial organisation, advertisement is not required as long as selection of the candidate is motivated. In that case we proceed the Establishment + Recruitment + Admission in one batch:
- E-mail your candidate's name and e-mail address for eligibility assessment to the Doctoral Administrator
- Attach a form Decision of admission to doctoral education to the PhD application.
Contact HR Unit for advertisement: HR@cns.ki.se
Administration time may vary (few weeks - few months) depending on employment situation.
All vacant doctoral student positions at KI must be advertised. Available positions
If the PhD position will not be advertised (employment outside KI):
Send name and e-mail address of selected candidate to the Doctoral education Administrator
Entry requirements (eligibility) for doctoral education
After a candidate has been chosen and approved for a doctoral position, send the form Decision of admission to doctoral education together with the 'Eligibility statement' (utlåtande om behörighet till forskarutbildning) to the Doctoral education Administrator.
For questions regarding an employment contract - contact HR@cns.ki.se
Go to the web page After-admission
CNS Central Administration, Tomtebodavägen 18A, floor 5 (Hiss 1)