Novo Nordisk Fellowships
Novo Nordisk Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme at Karolinska Institutet
This fellowship programme aims to support the development of a new generation of exceptional young diabetes and metabolism researchers, to become future leaders in the field, while further developing scientific excellence within these areas ultimately improving the lives of patients.
Open postdoctoral positions
The fellowship programme is now looking to recruit 5 outstanding postdoctoral research fellows. The deadline to submit your application is midnight CEST on 23 April 2017.
- The postdoctoral research positions are aimed at early career researchers.
- The postdoctoral positions are fully funded for a 3 year period and will provide a salary and a travel allowance for the fellow.
- These prestigious fellowships are open to outstanding candidates of any nationality.
- Fellows will be based in world-leading research groups at Karolinska Institutet with a focus on diabetes and its comorbidities, endocrinology and metabolism.
- There are possibilities for Fellows to spend time in the labs of Novo Nordisk in Copenhagen and Fellows will thus gain insight into research conducted in both academia and industry.
Research Projects for Fellows
The following 10 projects are available:
Workshops and meetings
The Programme organizes workshops and meetings on recent findings in diabetes research.
Program from workshop Nov 10, 2016 can be downloaded here
Postdoctoral fellows recruited
|Postdoctoral Fellow||Principal Investigator|
|Dr Ester Bachar-Wikström||Ass Prof Olov Andersson, Dept of Cell and Molecular Biology.|
|Assoc Prof Mattias Carlström, Renal and Cardiovascular Research, Dept of Physiology and Pharmacology|
|Dr Lucile Dollet||Prof Anna Krook and Prof Juleen Zierath, Section of Integrative Physiology, Dept of Physiology and Pharmacology|
|Dr Alastair Kerr||Assoc Prof Ingrid Dahlman, Lipid Laboratory, Dept of Medicine Huddinge|
|Assoc Prof Jorge Ruas, Molecular and cellular exercise physiology group, Dept of Physiology and Pharmacology|
|Dr Nicole Schmitner||Ass Prof Olov Andersson, Dept of Cell and Molecular Biology|
|Prof Malin Flodström Tullberg, Dept of Medicine Huddinge|
|Dr Pauline Vercruysse||Assoc Prof Christina Bark, Dept of Molecular Medicine and Surgery|
|Dr Montserrat Visa||Prof Per-Olof Berggren, Dept of Molecular Medicine and Surgery|
Program Steering Committee
|Karolinska Institutet members||Novo Nordisk members|
Prof. Juleen Zierath, Clinical Physiology. Steering Committee Chairman
Dr. Peter Kurtzhals, Senior Vice President Global Research
Prof. Anders Gustafsson, Dean of Research
Dr. Martin Ridderstråle, Vice President Clinical Pharmacology
Prof. Nancy Pedersen, Medical Epidemiology
Dr. Allan Ertmann Karlsen, Vice President Global Research External Affairs
Prof. Lars Gustafsson, Physiology
Dr. Uli Stilz, Vice President R&D Academic Partnerships