Applying for doctoral courses within an agreement
KI has established a number of formal collaborative agreements with universities, research institutions and networks that allow doctoral students to apply for doctoral courses at KI on the same conditions as doctoral students admitted to doctoral education at KI.
Important information to prospective course applicants. Remember to include information in your application which collaboration you are part of.
Doctoral students within the below listed agreements are prioritised in the same way as KI doctoral students, according to our general selection criteria.
The Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
The University of Tokyo (UTokyo).
Nanyang Technological University
National University of Singapore.
Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS)
KI has supported a doctoral programmes funded by the British Medical Research Council (MRC). The MRC DPT Precision Medicine Programme is a joint doctoral programme at the University of Edinburgh and the University of Glasgow. KI is supporting the doctoral programme by encouraging KI researchers to become co-supervisors, hosting doctoral students in labs but also grant doctoral students enrolled in the MRC DPT Precision Medicine Programme the right to be prioritised in the same way as KI doctoral students.
Apart from Karolinska Institutet the other participating Eurolife institutions are
- Leiden University Medical Center (The Netherlands),
- Medical University of Innsbruck (Austria)
- Universitat de Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
- University Medical Center Göttingen (Germany)
- University of Strasbourg (France)
- Trinity College of Dublin (Ireland)
- Semmelweis University (Hungary).
The European University of Brain and Technology - NeurotechEU is an alliance between eight European universities with the goal to build a trans-European network of excellence in brain research and technologies to increase the competitiveness of European education, research, economy and society.
Apart from Karolinska Institutet the other participating Neurotech institutions are
- Radboud Universiteit (Netherlands)
- Universidad Miguel Hernández de Elche (Spain)
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn (Germany)
- Boğaziçi Üniversitesi (Turkey)
- University of Lille (France)
- Reykjavik University (Iceland)
- Universitatea de Medicină și Farmacie „Iuliu Hațieganu” din Cluj-Napoca (Romania)