Key pickup for Strix
Here you will find information about how to pick up your keys if you will be staying at Armégatan (in Strix).
Arrival instructions step by step
- Read all information in the arrival email and the document that is attached to the arrival email. Please be sure to bring this information when collecting your keys.
- Go to KI Residence Solna at Fogdevreten 13 where you can pick up your keys. A code to the main entrance is written in the arrival email.
- Pick up your keys from the key box. Location of the key boxes as well as key box number and code to the key box is written in the arrival email.
- After picking up the keys in KI Residence Solna, you must go to your accommodation in Strix. See the directions below.
- Information about what floor you will be staying on and the room number in Strix is written in the arrival email.
- Check the condition of your room and complete the moving-in checklist. More information about the moving-in checklist is written above.
- Information about the area and other practical information is written in the area information at this link.
- Enjoy your stay!
Where to pick up your keys
The keys are to be picked up from a coded key box in our accommodation area “KI Residence Solna”. You will find the key boxes in the second building, at Fogdevreten 13.
The key boxes are placed on the wall, on the left-hand side of the KI Housing Reception (on the entrance floor).
For information about how to get to KI Residence Solna, please see this link.
Key box and code
Information about key box and code is stated in the arrival information which is sent to you by email.
Time for the key pickup
The keys are usually available from 14.00 on the starting date of your contract. If the starting date of your contract is on a weekend/red holiday, the keys are available from 14.00 on the last working day before the starting date.
The rooms are furnished and the beds are equipped with mattress, mattress cover, quilt and pillow. Please note that you need to bring your own bed linen and towels.
All KI Housing tenants who are staying in Strix will have to register on an activation portal provided by the internet provider Telenor in order to get access to the internet service. Download the “internet guide” for instructions about how to activate your internet, step by step.
You will receive an electronic key tag, one key for the mailbox and one key for your room. The key tag is used to enter the main entrance but also for booking the laundry. The room key goes to your room.
Note that you are going to need one padlock for your kitchen cabinet. If you want to buy your padlock in Sweden, they can be found in a number of stores, such as hardware stores and larger grocery shops.
The tenant is responsible for the keys during the whole rental period and a fee will be charged if the keys are missing.
An inspection of your room has been made before your arrival. We ask you to check the condition of your room and to submit a moving-in checklist upon arrival. The moving-in checklist is available in the customer portal within a few days after your arrival and it must be completed within 10 days from the starting date of your contract. In this checklist, you can report any damages or remarks in the accommodation. If your arrival has been postponed and you cannot complete the checklist within 10 days, we ask you to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any maintenance issues that need to be taken care of, we ask you to submit a maintenance report in the customer portal.
How to get to Strix from KI Residence Solna
The easiest way to get to Strix from KI Residence Solna is to catch bus No. 507 from the bus stop “Karolinska institutet Biomedicum” towards Tomteboda Postterminal. Get off at “Västra Skogen”.* The travel time is about 20 minutes. You may walk from the bus stop to Armégatan 32 (about 350 meters), where Strix is located. Please see the map below to find your way.
*Always check the journey planner at SL as bus stops and routes may change.