Morphological Phenotype Analysis (FENO)
The great surge in numbers of mutant mice has made efficient phenotyping a necessity in order to find and adequately describe the changes caused by the genetic manipulation. Pathology is a major and integral part of the phenotyping process.
With support from WCN, The Unit for Morphological Phenotype Analysis (FENO) was established as a competence and service facility for mouse pathology at KI in 2002, and as such specializing in the pathology of genetically engineered mice.
- A full necropsy and histopathology service to analyse and describe pathological changes in tissues and organs - with attention for species differences.
- Processing of tissues, stainings, and qualified pathologic analysis, separate or in combination.
- Immunohistochemistry on frozen/paraffin embedded tissues.
- Photograhic registration of results including fluorescent microscopic methods.
- Slide digitalisation and image analysis.
- Microscopic analysis of prenatal lethal mutants.
- Advice on protocols: animal selection and tissue sampling, breeding schemes.
We have a fixed pricelist.