BFC - Flow Cytometry Sorting
Flow Cytometry Sorting involves using a flow cytometer with cell sorting capability to interrogate cells stained with fluorescent markers, classifying them into groups, and then physically separate the groups into test tubes or multi-well plates.
At BFC, the access to our cell sorters can be done either as as a self-user or operated assisted sort:
Staff members of the facility can sort samples for non-trained users or for users requiring it. Please, refer to iLab and create a Work Request under the Request Services tab. Once accepted, we can arrange a pre-sort meeting to discuss matters of the sort. The next step will be for you or our staff to book a timeslot in the instrument´s calendar at your convenience.
If your project requires the recurrent usage of the sorters, a training course can be requested. In order to obtain a driver´s license in our cell sorters, there are two options:
- Demonstrating previous experience on a particular Aria sorter.
- By getting trained in the facility
Request a spot
In order to request a spot in our Aria Sorting training courses:
- Create a Training Request on iLab (Request Services > Introduction and training request: Sorters).
- The training consists of 5 h theory and 6 h hands-on training, where you are trained on different aspects of using the instrument..
- After these training sessions, each user will arrange 3 (or more) sessions of individual practice, to gain independence and feel confident to take the Driver´s License Test,
- The Driver´s License Test will enable users to have complete flexibility and access to self-operated and out-of-hours sorts.