Welcome to participate in Health Informatics Conversations – a research seminar series arranged by the Health Informatics Centre.
What are the Health Informatics Conversations?
The conversations are about research-oriented health informatics topics, i.e. – presenting a published article, your research area, a relevant theory or a method etc.
The Health Informatics Conversations are recurring the last Thursday every month at 12.00 via Zoom and last for one hour. This hour includes 20 minutes of presentation and leaves the rest of the time for discussions, all in English.
If you are a PhD-student – this is a credit-bearing activity, as long as the topic is relevant for your research.
Next HI Conversations seminars
- 26 January 2023: Joana Vicente, read more
- 23 February 2023: 'Ismat Mohd Sulaiman
- 30 March 2023: Blanca Flores
- 27 April 2023: Cara Swain
Previous topics covered in the HI Conversations
- How to study dynamic processes: An example of daily recovery from work stress
24 November 2022: Aleksandra Sjöström Bujasz (HIC/BIT)
Exploring the relationship between user characteristics and the usability and acceptability of an eHealth system designed to reduce depressive symptoms
27 October 2022: Nuhamin Gebrewold (NASP)
- Telemedicine consultations with physicians in Swedish primary care: a mixed methods study of users’ experiences and care patterns
29 September 2022: Felicia Gabrielsson-Järhult, PhD student from Jönköping Academy for Improvement of Health and Welfare at Jönköping University
It’s a start, but not good enough – A failed implementation of mobile access to electronic health records in homecare: a qualitative study
16 June 2022: Lovisa Jäderlund Hagstedt, PhD student at the Health Informatics Centre, Karolinska Institutet, General practitioner at TioHundra AB
- "Send in the psychologists? A latent class analysis of support seeking behavior among healthcare workers during the Covid-19 pandemic."
19 May 2022: Sophia Appelbom, PhD student at Behavioral Informatics team, Health Informatics Centre, Karolinska Institutet
"Patients reading their psychiatric health records online"
28 April 2022: Annika Bärkås, PhD student at MedTech Science and Innovation Centre, Uppsala University
- "Mobile applications for self-management and motivation of people with diabetes"
31 Mars 2022: Gunnar Hartvigsen, KI, HIC
- ”To Use or Not to Use: App Engagement in mHealth Intervention”
24 February 2022: Leo Kowalski, KI, HIC
- "’Think twice before you click’. How human vulnerabilities affecting the Cybersecurity and Privacy aspects within healthcare organizations.”
27 January 2022: Sokratis Nifakos, KI, HIC
”Is self-monitoring the solution to tackle higher costs for chronic patients?”
16 December 2021: Reza Javid Gholam, PhD candidate, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska Academy
- Assessment of online information in Mental Health: the cases of websites for suicide prevention and apps for bipolar disorder self-management
25 November 2021: Stefano Bonacina, M.Sc., Ph.D., researcher on health informatics, course director and teacher in the Joint Master's Programme in Health Informatics. Co-presenters: Carlos Nalvarte, and Thuani Cardoso Duarte, Dr, M.Sc.
- Co-designing for accessibility in eHealth services
28 October 2021: Marika Jonsson, PhD-student KTH, Division of Media Technology and Interaction Design, part of CoDeAc research group and Developmental leader, Habilitation & Health, Region Västra Götaland
- Social media in health research – insights of an online child nutrition peer education program.
30 September 2021: Maria Henström, PhD, Nutritionist at Karolinska Institutet, Dept. of Biosciences and Nutrition, IMPACT research group.
- What is, and what is not, in the black box of interoperability? OR Why is it not working?
17 June 2021: Anna Rossander, PhD student at Göteborgs Universitet, Dept. of Applied IT, Division of Informatics
- Care professionals’ experience of using video consultations in Sweden.
27 May 2021: Nadia Davoody, assistant professor at the Health Informatics Centre and programme director for the Joint Master's Programme in Health Informatics, Dept. of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics.
- What is Health Informatics?
29 April 2021: Professor Sabine Koch, head of Health Informatics Centre, Dept. of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics.
- Algorithmic classification of research publications in Pubmed – methods and application
25 March 2021: Peter Sjögårde, PhD-student, Health Informatics Centre, Dept. of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics.
- E-patients leading the way through innovations and early adoption of digital solutions
25 February 2021: Therese Scott Duncan, PhD-student, Health Informatics Centre, Dept. of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics