Gain access authorization to animal facilities

To gain authorized access to an animal facility, your competence in laboratory animal science must first be assessed.

Education and competence for access

Before you may gain authorized access and conduct research in the animal facilities, your competence in laboratory animal science (LAS) must be assessed.

  • Please send scanned copies of any certificate documenting your competence in LAS training to the named training and competency officer (NTCO) at Comparative Medicine: In addition, please indicate which animal species you plan to use.

    Your documents will be evaluated, and you will be informed on which courses and/or training you need to complete before access to animal facilities can be granted.  
  • If you do not have any competence in laboratory animal science you will need to complete both the theoretical and the practical parts of the Function A course before access can be granted. Read more about the LAS education
Komparativ Medicin