Teaching is an important part of the activity in the Neuro section. We work together in the education of medical doctors (MD), nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and biomedical scientists.
Teaching permeates the clinical work in which our Clinical Associate Professors have a significant role. The Associate Professors are experienced clinical researchers that have a teacher education at KI, together with the professions at the University Hospital they develop the student knowledge and skills.
Programs and courses that we teach:
- Study Programme in Medicine (introductory course): 160 students for 1 month, the course is conducted once a semester.
- Study Programme in Medicine (neuro part): * Neuro, senses and psyche (semester 9), 80 students divided between Solna and Huddinge. 5 weeks course twice a semester.
- Study Programme in Medicine (elective courses): * Neuroimmunology, Neurosurgery. Parallel courses for 4 weeks, 10-15 students/course, once a semester.
- Study Programme in Physiotherapy: * In the course of clinical medicine, semester 3, 60 students/course, two weeks, once a semester.
- Study Programme in Nursing: Students from the Red Cross, the Karolinska Institute and Ersta Sköndal University College, supervised by Adjunct clinical lecturer in clinical nursing education. During the year there are 30-40 students divided between Solna and Huddinge.
- Study Programme in Specialist Nursing: Specializing in intensive care in the neuro intensive care unit.
- Study Programme in Occupational Therapy (neuro part): * In the course of clinical medicine, 35 students for 2 weeks each semester.
- Speech and Language Pathology Program (neuro part): * In the course of General and specific medicine, 28 students for 2 weeks once a year.
- Study Programme in Biomedicine: * Master´s course in Translational Medicine, 40 students for 3 weeks once a year.
*courses with its own examination
To conclude, the teaching represents a large part of our activities and our employees are deeply involved in education issues. Educational development is ongoing and the teaching content is synchronized in the interaction between Swedish universities.