Current position and commissions of trust
- Professor in Clinical Epidemiology, KI
- Consultant Pediatrician, Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital
- Member of Executive committee MEB, KI
- 1993 MD Karolinska Institutet; Board certified physician 1995
- 2002 PhD Pediatrics, Karolinska Institutet
- 2005-2007 Post-Doc Woolcock Inst of Medical Research, Sydney, Australia
- 2008 Board certificated Specialist in Pediatrics
- 2010 Associate Professor, Karolinska Institutet
The major theme of my research has been in assessing early risks and consequences for asthma and other diseases in childhood and adolescence, as well as co-morbidity between disease groups. It also includes the effects of growth such as fetal programming and pubertal changes on asthma. The research is focused towards combining register-based information with experimental and clinical data, using advanced family and twin design.
- Swedish Initiative for Research on Microdata in the Social And Medical Sciences SIMSAM and SIMSAM MEB family design. A short description of this project can also be found on the KI website.
- Swedish Twin study On Perinatal characteristics to Prevent Asthma STOPPA
- Born into Life
- Maternal Asthma Events, STRess and Offspring MAESTRO
Five selected publications
Fall T, Lundholm C, Örtqvist AK, Fall K, Fang F, Hedhammar A, Kämpe O, Ingelsson E, Almqvist C. Early Exposure to Dogs and Farm Animals and the Risk of Childhood Asthma. JAMA Pediatr. 2015;169(11):e153219.
Heritability and confirmation of genetic association studies for childhood asthma in twins.
Allergy 2016 Feb;71(2):230-8
Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes in Asthmatic Women: A Population-Based Family Design Study.
J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract ;6(3):916-922.e6
Longitudinal depression or anxiety in mothers and offspring asthma: a Swedish population-based study.
Int J Epidemiol 2018 02;47(1):166-174
- Björn Nordlund 2014-
- Anna Hedman 2015-
- Bronwyn Haasdyk Brew 2016-
- Marianne Bonnert 2017-
- Samuel Rhedin 2017-
Current doctoral students
Previous doctoral students
- Swedish Research Council
- Swedish Heart Lung Foundation
- Swedish Asthma and Allergy Association’s Research Foundation
- Grants provided by the Stockholm County Council (ALF projects)
- KID and CSTP funding for doctoral students
- H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Lovisas förening för barnsjukvård
- Åke Wibergs stiftelse, Stiftelsen Frimurare Barnahuset Stockholm, Sällskapet Barnavård
Supervisor of 12 exjobb students in the medical program
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- 2004 “Rookie of the year” from the Stockholm Association for Allergology
- 2007 European Respiratory Society’s Pediatric Respiratory Epidemiology Award for Young Investigators
- 2010 European Respiratory Society’s Romain Pauwel Young Investigator Award
- 2010 Young Scholar Award from the Strategic Research Program in Epidemiology, KI
- 2011 Karolinska Institutet KI fonder and Board of Research Young Investigator Award in Public Health and international health
Nobels väg 12A