Collaboration in Brazil
The collaboration in Brazil includes both education and research activities with Brazilian universities, hospitals and institutions. Focus areas are research interaction and innovation and student exchange programmes.
The majority of the activities with Brazilian collaborators takes place between researchers. Most of the activities are in the fields of odontology, neuroscience, immunology and psychiatry. There is an extended and more strategic collaboration with Universidade de São Paulo (USP) and the region of Sao Paulo.
KI has agreements at different levels with different institutes in Brazil, but the majority of the activities with Brazilian collaborators takes place between researchers and are not centrally regulated. There are a few exceptions, where collaborative agreements, projects and activities are initiated and supported centrally.
KI has signed Memoranda of Understanding with the following universities and research foundations:
- Universidade de Sao Paulo
- Universidad De Estado De Rio de Janeiro
- São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP)
An operative steering group's is leading the work and its focus is on stimulate and deepen new and on-going collaborations with Brazil. The members of KI's steering group are:
Martin Schalling (Academic coordinator for Brazil)
Bachelor's and master's education
A few KI study programmes have bilateral exchange agreements with Brasilian universities.
For current agreements on student exchange and more information search the map where all agreements can be found.
Collaborations on doctoral level
For information regarding PhD-agreements at the departmental level, please contact the relevant department. There are no PhD collaboration agreements coordinated by the International Relations Unit.
Looking for research collaborators?
Are you interested to collaborate with Brazilian researchers, and looking for a collaborator at USP?
Contact the academic coordinator Martin Schalling and he will try to facilitate.
Collaboration on national levels
- Sweden Brazil Innovation Initative
- Swedish Research Council (Vetenskapsrådet) and FAPESP (São Paulo Research Foundation) have a signed MoU.
- The Swedish Research Council (Vetenskapsrådet) singed a MoU with The Brazilian Federal Agency for Support and Evaluation of Graduate Education (CAPES/MEC) calls for research collaborations with Brazil.
Funding possibilities when collaboration with Brazil
Application opens: September 18, 2023
Application closes: February 8, 2024
Grants: up to SEK 3 million/project. Total grant budget SEK 24 millions
There are several opportunities and possibilities if you are collaborating with Brazil offered by Brazilian and Swedish Funding Agencies.
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Financiadora de Estudos e Projectos (FINEP)
- State of Sao Paulo Research Council (FAPESP)
- The Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Reseach and Higher Education (STINT)