Announcement Postdoctoral Fellowship Opportunity at Rockefeller University
The Rockefeller University and Karolinska Institutet (KI) announce the availability of funding for one postdoctoral training position in basic science at Rockefeller University in New York city, New York, USA. This fellowship is part of the Nicholson Exchange Program established between Rockefeller and Karolinska Institutet.
The call is now open. Deadline November 6, 2023.
The Nicholson Fellowship will provide up to two years of stipend support at the level of at least $70,000 in Year 1 and $72,100 in Year 2. The Fellowship will also cover the costs of health insurance and provide an additional $20,000 per year. These additional funds may be used to offset the costs of relocating to USA and/or to help cover research expenses. Acceptable research allocations include supplies, technical support, small equipment, and core resource center use; travel to scientific meetings; or other research needs. A Fellow serving less than a full two-year term will receive a proportional amount of stipend and additional support.
To be eligible to apply for this postdoctoral fellowship, applicants must:
- Currently hold a position as a postdoctoral investigator or a postgraduate student at Karolinska Institutet
- Have earned a PhD and/or MD degree* no earlier than January 2021, to qualify for a two-year fellowship at Rockefeller. PLEASE NOTE: Applicants who received their doctoral degrees between January 2020 and December 2020 are eligible to apply for a one-year fellowship.
- Have a plan to perform postdoctoral studies at Rockefeller University. Before submitting an application, candidates must already have been interviewed and accepted by a head of laboratory at Rockefeller.
Selection of the fellowship recipient will be made by a committee at Rockefeller University. Decisions will be based on the qualifications of the applicants and the scientific merit and originality of their research plans.
* For applicants with a M.D. degree but no Ph.D. degree, evidence of a corresponding level of scientific competence must be presented in the application.
Additional Information about the Fellowship
The successful candidate will receive fellowship support provided by the Nicholson Fund at The Rockefeller University.
The fellowship period is up to two years. Shorter visits can be arranged by the Nicholson Postdoctoral Fellow, in consultation with the appropriate mentors/supervisors and administrators at Karolinska Institutet and Rockefeller.
The postdoctoral studies at Rockefeller University should begin within one year of acceptance.
Cross-disciplinary training is encouraged.
Applications should be sent as a single PDF or Word document marked with reference nr: Dnr 2-3699/2023 to email@example.com (Please note: Letters of support may be submitted separately by the authors of the letters.) The deadline for applications is Monday, November 6, 2023.
The following documents should be included:
1. A completed cover page (please see file under Documents below). This form is for administrative purposes only and will not be reviewed as part of the application.
2. A letter of support from the research leader of the prospective host laboratory group at Rockefeller University, stating that the candidate has been interviewed and accepted by the laboratory.
3. Two additional letters of reference, including one from the candidate’s current laboratory head.
4. A description of past work and proposed research, not to exceed 1,000 words.
5. A curriculum vitae, including dissertation date and title of thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, present position, academic awards, etc.
6. A complete list of publications.
For information about the research at Rockefeller, please see this website: https://www.rockefeller.edu/ .
For questions about the KI application procedure, please contact international coordinator Lise-Lotte Vedin at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 08-524 871 11.