Associate Professor of Epidemiology and Senior Researcher at Karolinska Institutet, Institute of Environmental Medicine
- Postdoc, National Institute for Health and Welfare, Helsinki, 2007
- PhD in Epidemiology, Karolinska Institutet, 2006
- Lic Med in Epidemiology, Karolinska Institutet, 2005
- MSc in Nutrition, Stockholm University/Karolinska Institutet, 2002
My research is aimed at improving the understanding of the etiology of cardiovascular diseases and other aging-related diseases, using conventional epidemiologic and genetic epidemiologic approaches.
Financing (as PI)
- Swedish Research Council (VR)
- Swedish Brain Foundation (Hjärnfonden)
- Swedish Stroke Association (STROKE-Riksförbundet)
- Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare (Forte)
- Strategic Research Area in Epidemiology (SfoEpi) at Karolinska Institutet
- Karolinska Institutet Research Foundations
Modifiable pathways in Alzheimer's disease: Mendelian randomisation analysis.
BMJ 2017 12;359():j5375
Type 2 diabetes, glucose, insulin, BMI, and ischemic stroke subtypes: Mendelian randomization study.
Neurology 2017 Aug;89(5):454-460
No clear support for a role for vitamin D in Parkinson's disease: A Mendelian randomization study.
Mov. Disord. 2017 Aug;32(8):1249-1252
Stenting for symptomatic vertebral artery stenosis: The Vertebral Artery Ischaemia Stenting Trial.
Neurology 2017 Sep;89(12):1229-1236
Overall and abdominal obesity and incident aortic valve stenosis: two prospective cohort studies.
Eur. Heart J. 2017 Jul;38(28):2192-2197
Alcohol consumption and risk of atrial fibrillation: a prospective study and dose-response meta-analysis.
J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2014 Jul;64(3):281-9
Chocolate consumption and risk of stroke in women.
J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2011 Oct;58(17):1828-9
Vitamin B6 and risk of colorectal cancer: a meta-analysis of prospective studies.
JAMA 2010 Mar;303(11):1077-83
Magnesium intake in relation to risk of colorectal cancer in women.
JAMA 2005 Jan;293(1):86-9
Academic honours, awards and prizes
2017: Member of AcademiaNet-Outstanding Female Academics (nominated by the Swedish Research Council)
2015: Junior faculty award from the Institute of Environmental Medicine
2012: Junior faculty award from the Institute of Environmental Medicine
2012: Strategic young scholar award in Epidemiology, Karolinska Institutet
2011: Research award from Karolinska Institutet, senior researcher (2-year position)
2008: Research award from Karolinska Institutet, assistant professorship (4-year position)
2007: Postdoc research award from the Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare
2007: Dimitris N. Chorafas Prize from D. N. Chorafas Foundation for the best PhD thesis of 2006 at Karolinska Institutet