I am a physician in Renal medicine in China. My research interests are the prevalence and outcomes of infections in patients with chronic kidney disease, their use of antibiotics and preventive strategies to minimize the risk of infections in this population, focusing on the role of vitamin D, physical activity, and traditional Chinese medicine.
Jun.2015- PhD student, Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
Jul. 2011-2015 Residentship, clinical nephrologist traning and practice, Guangdong provincial hospital of Chinese medicine
Sep. 2004 – Jun. 2011 Bechalor and Master in clinical medicine, Guangzhou university of Chinese Medicine, China.
Mar. 2009 – Jun. 2011 Internship, Clinical practice training, Guangdong Provincial Hospital of traditional Chinese medicine, China.
Sept. 2006 – Feb. 2009 Courses of traditional Chinese medicine theories and clinical knowledge, Guangzhou university of Chinese Medicine, China.
Sept. 2004 – Aug. 2006 Western medical courses, Southern medical university, China
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a global public health problem, due to its high prevalence, high rate of complications, high health care costs and poor outcomes. Among patients with CKD, infection is the second leading cause of mortality and hospitalization. Higher rates of infection and greater use of antibiotics might contribute to the emergence of resistant pathogens, placing the global population at risk.
In my PhD study, I will try to examine in-hospital consequences, antibiotic use in patients with CKD to address the burden from infection-related hospitalization, and to explore the role of vitamin D, physical activity as a potential mean of reducing risk of hospitalizations due to cardiovascular events or infections in this population.
Academic honours, awards and prizes
2015 Awarded China government scholarship from China scholarship council
2014 Excellent teacher in clinical practice teaching, Guangzhou university of Chinese medicine.
2013 Best reader of literature in ancient Chinese medicine, Guangdong Provincial Hospital of traditional Chinese medicine.
2012 Champion, competition of case report and speech in chronic kidney disease in Guangdong, Nephrology committee of Chinese medical doctor association.
2011 Excellent graduate, Guangzhou university of Chinese medicine.
2009 Bronze awards winner, the 3rd competition of clinical skills in Guangdong province, China.
2009 Champion scholarship, Guangzhou university of Chinese medicine.
2008 Champion scholarship, Guangzhou university of Chinese medicine.
2007 National Scholarship, Ministry of education of People's Republic of China
2007 Champion scholarship, Guangzhou university of Chinese medicine.
2007 Bronze awards winner, the 1st competition of physiology knowledge in Guangzhou, China
2007 Scholarship of Professor Tietao Deng, Guangzhou university of Chinese medicine.
2006 Scholarship of Tongxin, Guangzhou university of Chinese medicine.
1. Guobin Su, Wenhua Liu, Haibin Chen. Contemporary and Ancient Literature Review of Emergency Intervention for Wasp Sting. Chinese Medicine Research,2006(11):22~24.(Chinese)
2. Guobin Su, Wenhua Liu, Haibin Chen, Xinfeng Guo. Evaluation on Quality of the Reports on Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Tong Xie Yao Fang. Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine,2008,12(49):1077~1080. (Chinese)
3. Guobin Su, Wenhua Liu, Haibin Chen, Xinfeng Guo. A Formula of Traditional Chinese Medicine TXYF or TXYF-A in the Management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials. Journal of Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine,2009,2(26):113-119. (Chinese)
(The Chinese abstract of this study was published in the 5th Asia Pacific Conference on Evidence-based Medicine, Lanzhou, Gansu Province, China. And the English abstract was published in the 8th annual conference of Consortium for globalization of Chinese medicine, Nottingham, England.)
4. Guobin Su, Xusheng Liu. Review of traditional Chinese medicine treatment experience in the management of renal anemia among famous pratitioner of Chinese medicine in China. Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2011, supplement (52). (Chinese)
5. Junxiong Wen, Guobin Su, Lei Zhang, Xusheng Liu. Evidence-based Ancient Literature Review of Chinese Medicine in the Management of Chronic Renal Failure for Clinical Pathway of Integrative Medicine. Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Nephrology, 2011, 12(3):279-282. (Chinese)
6. [A survey and analysis of Chinese patent medicine for outpatients with chronic kidney disease].
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 2011 Aug;31(8):1074-9.
7. Hui Liang, Guobin Su, Fuhua Lu. Treatment Experience of Professor Chun-Lin Huang in the Management of Insomnia by Strenthening Spleen Qi: A review. Journal of new Chinese Medicine,2012, 44(6):207-208. (Chinese)
8. Yu Peng, Guobin Su, Xusheng Liu, Yuchi Wu, Kun Bao, Fuhua Lu, et al. The Application of Evidence-based and Problem-based Learing in Integrated Nephrology Course Teaching. Guangming Journal of Chinese medicine, 2012,27(8):1697-1700.(Chinese)
9. Chuan Zou, Guobin Su, Fuhua Lu, Wei Mao, Xusheng Liu. A patient hepatitis B related nephritis and renal failure: an evidence-based practice. Chinese Journal of Evidence-based Medicine.2012:360~364.(Chinese)
10. Lei Zhang, Xusheng Liu, Cun Cai, Guobin Su. Clinical pathway of integrated medicine in the management of patients with chronic kidney disease: an evaluation of its effectiveness in medical centers. Chinese Journal of General Practice.2012;15(43):1194-1197. (Chinese)
11. Hui Liang, Xiaoxuan Hu, Guobin Su. Treatment experience of Professor Chunling Huang in the management of gout and gout related nephropathy.Journal of Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2012;29(04):463-465. (Chinese)
12. Astragalus in the prevention of upper respiratory tract infection in children with nephrotic syndrome: evidence-based clinical practice.
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013 ;2013():352130.
13. Chuan Zou, Yuchi Wu, Lihong Yang, Zhaoyu Lu, Guobin Su, Yuqun Zeng, Xuwen Luo, Xusheng Liu, Chunlin Huang. Research Thinking of Colon Therapy in the Management of Chronic Kidney Disease with Traditional Chinese Medicine Based on the Theory of Gut-kidney Axis: a review. Journal of science and technology and moderization in tradiction Chinese medicine. 2013, (05) :30.(Chinese)
14. Ginkgo biloba Extract for Patients with Early Diabetic Nephropathy: A Systematic Review.
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013 ;2013():689142.
15. Colon may provide new therapeutic targets for treatment of chronic kidney disease with Chinese medicine.
Chin J Integr Med 2013 Feb;19(2):86-91.
16. Guobin Su, Cun Cai, Xiaoxuan Hu, Chuan Zou, Fuhua Lu, Xusheng Liu, Chunlin Huang. Treatment Idea of Famous Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner Chunlin Huang in the management of Chronic Kidney Disease-Mineral and Bone Disease [J] Journal of Guangzhou university of Chinese Meidicine,2014(01). (Chinese)
17. Auricular acupressure on specific points for hemodialysis patients with insomnia: a pilot randomized controlled trial.
PLoS ONE 2015 ;10(4):e0122724.
18. Rationale and design of the Helping Ease Renal failure with Bupi Yishen compared with the Angiotensin II Antagonist Losartan (HERBAAL) trial: a randomized controlled trial in non-diabetes stage 4 chronic kidney disease.
BMC Complement Altern Med 2015 Sep;15():316.
19. Dietary interventions for mineral and bone disorder in people with chronic kidney disease.
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2015 Sep;(9):CD010350.
20. Efficacy and Safety of Sanfu Herbal Patch at Acupoints for Persistent Allergic Rhinitis: Study Protocol for a Randomized Controlled Trial.
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2015 ;2015():214846.
21. Deng LL, Tang F, Qiu L, Su GB, et al. Clinical effectiveness of Chinese dietary therapy in treating isolated hematuria, Journal of Clinical Nephrology,2015,15(8):478~48. (Chinese)
22. Oral Astragalus (Huang qi) for preventing frequent episodes of acute respiratory tract infection in children.
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2016 12;12():CD011958.
23. Liang JY, Hu XX, Su GB, et al. A Survey on Information Literacy of Elite Students in Colleges of Traditional Chinese Medicine under the PBL Teaching and Traditional Teaching. Guangming Journal of Chinese medicine, 2016(08):1187~119. (Chinese)
24. Su G, Wu Y, Yang L, et al. TRIPTERYGIUM FOR HENOCHSCHONLEIN PURPURA NEPHRITIS: A CASE STUDY OF EVIDENCE-BASED DECISION MAKING OF CHINESE MEDICINE. NEPHROLOGY,2016, supplement, 212:265. (Conference abstract)
25. Guobin Su, Xindong Qin, La Zhang, Yuchi Wu, Yuan Xu, Zehuai Wen, Fuhua Lu, Chuan Zou, Xusheng Liu. TCM thinking of HUANG Chun-lin treating and preventing respiratory tract infections of patients with chronic kidney disease: A qualitative study about inheritance of famous TCM experts’ experience, China Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Pharmacy, 2017, (02), 615-619. (Chinese)
26. Traditional Medicines and Kidney Disease in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: Opportunities and Challenges.
Semin. Nephrol. 2017 05;37(3):245-259.
27. Su G, Xu H, Marrone G, Lindholm B, Wen Z, Liu X, Carrero J, Lundborg CSL: Kidney function and in-hospital outcomes in patients admitted to hospital with infections: a cross-sectional analysis of electronic records in China. The Lancet 2017, 390(Supplement 4):S49. (Conference abstract)
28. eGFR and the Risk of Community-Acquired Infections.
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2017 Sep;12(9):1399-1408.
30. Su G, Xu H, Rigg E, He Z, Lu L, Lindholm B, Marrone G, Wen Z, Liu X, Carrero J et al: Renal function and infection caused by multidrug-resistant organisms in patients hospitalized with infections. J AM SOC NEPHROL 2017, 28(Supplement):1007. (Conference abtract)