I have a background as a journalist, and started out at Karolinska Institutet in the role of Press Officer in 2006. Nowdays, my title is Science Communications Strategist and some time ago I also became the teamleader for a small group of research communications officers within the Unit for External Releations and Research Communications.
The main focus of our group are assignments that require the competence of a medical journalist, such as production of news releases about scientific findings or KI’s popular science magazine Medicial Science. However, we are also involved in other projects within the area of popular science communication – and we work closely together with the editors of KI News and KI’s accounts in social media, and the Press Office.
Please contact me if you have questions about:
- The Research Portal on ki.se
- News about scientific articles and doctoral theses
- News about major funding/grants to KI's researchers
- High-impact publication lists on central web pages
- The internal newsletter Research News
- Any other issue in the area of research communication at KI – I may not have the answer myself, but perhaps I can point you in the direction to someone who has.
Questions from journalists or general media issues at KI are kindly refered to the Press Office. Information for researchers about guidelines and procedures for media launch of publications and doctoral theses can be found on the Staff Portal. For further questions concerning the Communications and Public Relations Office, please go to the communications pages on the Staff Portal.