My main research interest is the aging-related frailty syndrome and epigenetics and genetics of aging. I’m also conducting research into aging biomarkers, such as the epigenetic clock and inflammatory markers, and interested in studying how they operate at different stages of human aging.
• PhD in Molecular Immunology (Biology of aging), University of Tampere, Finland 2013
• MSc in Molecular Biology, University of Jyväskylä Finland, 2006
• Examining the longitudinal relationship between DNA methylation and development of the frailty syndrome
• Analyzing the genetic determinants and heritability of frailty
• Assessing the predictive role of frailty on health span, mortality and morbidity
For a list of my publications, please visit my ResearchGate page: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juulia_Jylhaevae/publications