I am a postdoctoral researcher working with Associate professor Sara Hägg and Professor Nancy Pedersen. My main research interest is the aging-related frailty syndrome and the epigenetics and genetics of aging. I’m also interested in aging biomarkers, such as the epigenetic clock and inflammatory markers, and how they operate at different stages of human aging.
• PhD in Molecular Immunology (Biology of aging), University of Tampere, Finland 2013
• MSc in Molecular Biology, University of Jyväskylä Finland, 2006
• Examining the longitudinal relationship between DNA methylation and development of the frailty syndrome
• Analyzing the genetic determinants and heritability of frailty
• Assessing the predictive role of frailty on health span, mortality, cognitive decline and need for care
For a list of my publications, please visit my ResearchGate page: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juulia_Jylhaevae/publications