Clinical pathologist at dept of Pathology/Cytology, Karolinska University Laboratory at the Southern Hospital (Södersjukhuset).
Research team leader, Karolinska Institutet
Associate Professor of Pathology
2016 Board certified surgical pathologist
2015 Docent/Associate Professor in experimental pathology
2011 Licensed physician (Karolinska Hospital/SLL)
2008 PhD, molecular biology (Prof Jan-Åke Gustafsson research group)
2008 University medical degree (MD), Karolinska Institutet
2001 BSc in molecular biology and biochemistry, Stockholm University
The main research focus of Dr Hartmans team is breast cancer therapy prediction for precision oncology. This includes digital image analysis in histopathology and computer-aided diagnosis, cancer genomics/transcriptomics and patient derived tumor cell cultures (organotypic cultures). The team is also providing core center pathology service to several clincal trials.
- Past main-supervisor for 4 PhD-students (Ran Ma, Gustaf Rosin, Karthik Gowindasamy and Gustav Stålhammar), ongoing main-supervisor for 1 PhD-student.
- Lecturer at Karolinska Institutet (annual courses for medical students, biomedicine students and PhD-students)
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- Cancerfonden Clinical Investigator Award (2016-2022)
- Alvarengas prize (best scientific manuscript 2013), Swedish Society of Medicine.
- Asklepios award for best scientific paper by junior physicians and medical students 2009, Swedish Society of Medicine (www.sls.se)
- The 2006-year Anders Wall award for junior researchers (www.wallumni.com)
- The McKinsey Award 2007 at Karolinska Institutet (www.mckinsey.com) for “combining exceptional academic results and medical research”