I am currently an Assistant Professor at the Division of Clinical Geriatrics. I have a PhD in Biomedicine by the University of Barcelona.
• 2017 - Present. Assistant Professor, Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society Department, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.
• 2012 – 2017. Postdoctoral Fellow, Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society Department, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.
• 2008 – 2012. PhD Student in the group of Prof. Carme Junque, University of Barcelona.
• 2006 – 2008. Master in Neurosciences, University of Barcelona.
• 2000 – 2006. Degree in Psychology, Faculty of Psychology, University of Barcelona.
I am working with structural MRI, functional MRI and diffusion tensor imaging in patients with Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease. My current projects are focused on the assessment of brain connectivity and network topology in preclinical and clinical stages of these disorders.
Initial cognitive decline is associated with cortical thinning in early Parkinson disease
Large-scale resting state network correlates of cognitive impairment in Parkinson's disease and related dopaminergic deficits
Frontiers in systems neuroscience 2014;8():45-
Regional vulnerability of hippocampal subfields to aging measured by structural and diffusion MRI
Combined dementia-risk biomarkers in Parkinson's disease: a prospective longitudinal study
Parkinsonism & related disorders 2013;19(8):717-24
Modulation of verbal fluency networks by transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) in Parkinson's disease
Brain stimulation 2013;6(1):16-24
Regional vulnerability of hippocampal subfields and memory deficits in Parkinson's disease
Assessment of cortical degeneration in patients with Parkinson's disease by voxel-based morphometry, cortical folding, and cortical thickness
HUMAN BRAIN MAPPING 2012;33(11):2521-34
Grey matter volume correlates of cerebrospinal markers of Alzheimer-pathology in Parkinson's disease and related dementia
Parkinsonism & related disorders 2012;18(8):941-7
Neuroanatomical substrate of visuospatial and visuoperceptual impairment in Parkinson's disease
Movement disorders : official journal of the Movement Disorder Society 2009;24(8):1193-9
Structural brain correlates of verbal fluency in Parkinson's disease