I am a PhD student at the department of Learning Informatics Mangement and Ethics (LIME) at Karolinska Institutet. I am part of the clinical management research group at LIME's Medical Management Center (MMC).
My research interests lie within the fields of health economics, clinical care delivery management, and health policy. I am currently applying an innovative cost-accounting approach to cost clincial processes at hospitals. I am interested in collaborating with healthcare professionals, patients, companies, and stakeholders interested in empirically developing evidence to better support healthcare managment and policy decisions and practice.
Karolinska institutet (2015-Present)
Doctorate of Medicine (in progress)
Karolinska institutet (2011 – 2013)
Master of Science, Public Health Policy, Economics, and Management
Warren Wilson College (2004-2008)
Bachelor of Science, Biology
Bachelor of Arts, Business
I am responsible for a project that explores how to best account for costs in a clinical setting for patients with multiple chronic conditions. My research is important because it aims to accurately inform value capture, in terms of outcomes and costs, at the level of the patient's condition. An accurate estimation of value may allow for value-based comparisons of care processes across patients, wards, organizations, and time. Such comparisons faciliate evidence-based decisions for payers and providers, specifically in regards to reimbursement, purchasing, and care delivery.
The title of my thesis is: The cost component of value of multidisciplinary collaboration in health care? Accounting for the cost of a person-centered integrated care unit for patients with cardiovascular disease, renal dysfunction and diabetes.
I am/was invovled as a teacher in various capacities for the following courses at LIME.
- Health and medical care management (Spring 2014, Spring 2017, Spring 2018)
- Advanced heatlh and medical care management (Fall 2013, Fall 2014, Fall 2015, Fall 2016, and Fall 2017)
- Ecnoomic evaluations of heatlh care programs (Spring 2014)
- Adavanced course in health economics (Fall 2013)
- Planning for Health (Fall 2013)
- Advanced course in health systems and policy (Fall 2013)
- Project managment (Fall 2015, Fall 2016, and Fall 2017)
- Research group management (Fall 2017