I am an MD PhD Radiologist within the Breast Imaging unit at the Karolinska University Hospital. I have an interest in breast MRI in general, and in applying machine learning techniques to imaging data.
Starting in July 2018 I will do a visiting post doc at University of California San Francisco focusing on the analysis of MRI images of women in neoadjuvant therapy for breast cancer.
I will also continue the already on-going project mammoAI in Stockholm, aiming to improve breast cancer screening by applying deep learning to mammographic images.
- Specialist in Diagnostic Radiology
- M.D. Ph.D., Karolinska Institute
- M.Sc. Engineering Physics, LTH at Lund University
I have two main lines of research:
- Breast MRI in evaluating response to neoadjuvant therapy - focus on using machine learning techniques. Working at UCSF within the I SPY 2 trial (PI Laura Esserman, with Nola Hylton resonsible for the imaging): (at UCSF)
- Improving breast cancer screening by applying deep learning to mammographic images, within the Swedish mammoAI project (PI Fredrik Strand, with collaboration with KTH)
- Teaching radiology to medical students
Academic honours, awards and prizes
2015 Research Residency, Stockholm County Council
2016 Research Award, Swedish Society of Radiology
2017 Travel Award, RSNA