Imaging of thoracic physiology and pathophysiology
We study the lungs and respiration in humans with physiological measurements and imaging techniques in health and disease.
Our research relates to both hypoxia and hyperoxia and our focus varies from strenuous exercise in elite athletes to acute and chronic pulmonary embolism in the clinical setting. Magnetic resonance imaging is our primary method.
|Koshiar Medson||Doktorand, Forskarstuderande|
1. Development of new methods using magnetic resonance imaging to diagnose and study pulmonary embolism and related patophysiology.
2. The effects of hyperoxic exercise regarding performance improvements in elite athletes.
3. The physiology and pathophysiology of breath-hold diving; studies in human physiology relating to breath-hold diving and drowning.
4. Hyperbaric physiology and patophysiology related to endogenous nitric oxide.
- Swedish National Centre for Research in Sports (in Swedish)
- Fraenckels fond för flygmedicinsk forskning
- Stockholm County Council (ALF)
- Swedish Heart and Lung Foundation
A Portable Device for Intermittent Oxygen Supplementation during High-Intensity Exercise.
Lindholm P, Larsson Å, Frånberg O, Gullstrand L
J. Biomedical Science and Engineering, 2017 May, 10, 304-316 2017