How can you use our facility?
Access as a typical user
Most users get trained then they acquire images themselves, with our continued support. ’See our typical workflow below.
Do you need fast help from an experienced imaging scientist before an article revision? We can image your sample for you so you do not need to be trained. This service is given upon availability of the LCI staff.
Do you train others but feel insecure about your knowledge and abilities? The LCI facility has a very strong international track record of teaching and training with several publications in that field. Our pedagogy-based train-the-trainer program will give you a solid theoretical and practical base to train microscopy users in your lab or at your facility.
Typical user training workflow:
- An initial project discussion with tons of advice on experimental and sample design. We will decide together which system is best suited for your project.
- A very thorough one-to-one training with your own sample on the chosen type of system. The aim is that at the end of the training you have acquired a solid theoretical and practical knowledge about the machine, the software, the sample, the experimental design and the requirements for reliable image analysis.
- Access 24/7 to the equipment you have been trained on. The training to one type of equipment gives access to several microscopes (see here details of the LCI equipment).
- Continuous support and guidance you need after you have been trained, refresher sessions if you have forgotten something, new expert discussion when your project evolves…
- Expert help to build your image analysis pipeline with our in-house image analysis specialist
- Access to fast servers and LCI analysis software: VDI and Remote Desktop
- Regardless of whether you are an LCI member or not, you are welcome to join the yearly LCI microscopy course
If you want to use the LCI instruments, contact the LCI facility (LiveCellImaging@ki.se) to schedule a project discussion.