I am an associate professor and adjunct senior lecturer at the Department of Public Health Sciences and leader of the research group “Community nutrition and physical activity”. I am also employed at the Centre for Epidemiology and Community Medicine, Stockholm County Council.
After taking my PhD in medical biochemistry, I joined Karolinska Institutet as a researcher in the area of atherosclerosis and cardiovascular diseases. In 1998, I joined the Swedish National Institute for Public Health as head of the Unit for Diet and Physical Activity. I was engaged in the development of the Swedish Public Health Policy adopted in 2003.
In 2006, I joined the Centre for Public Health, Stockholm County Council as head of the Unit for Applied Nutrition. In 2009, I returned to Karolinska Institutet as vice head for the Division of Intervention and Implementation Research, Department of Public Health Sciences. In 2013, I became adjunct senior lecturer in intervention and implementation research at the Department.
Master degree in Experimental biology from Odense University, Denmark, and a PhD in Medical Biochemistry from Århus University and the Academy of Technical Sciences, Denmark.
My research group focuses on three main areas:
- Epidemiological studies of dietary habits and physical activity and their upstream determinants in relation to health outcomes
- Multidisciplinary research on the development, implementation and evaluation of tools and interventions to promote health and prevent obesity and chronic diseases
- Commissioned assignments within the group’s research competence.
- Physiotherapy programme (first cycle). Course leader (“ämnesansvarig”) for the public health science section (4.5 ECTS) in the course Health promotion (15 ECTS).
- Intervention and Implementation Research course 2454 (third cycle). Co-course leader, lecturer and examiner (7.5 ECTS).