Swedish Cancer Research Meeting 2014
The 3rd Swedish Cancer Research Meeting will take place at Karolinska Institutet, Aula Medica, September 2-3, 2014.
The meeting will cover a wide area of cancer research including epidemiology, tumor biology/pathology, clinical oncology and drug development and also address research/society issues such as interactions between academic research, healthcare system and industry and access to equal care.
Satellite event Sept 1
On September 1st at 5.30 pm we also invite you to a satellite event organized jointly with The Swedish Cancer Society (Cancerfonden) on the topic "Swedish cancer research – how do we become world leading?".
Confirmed invited speakers
Charles Sawyers, Memorian Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NY, USA
Plenary & Workshops:
- Akkari, Leila - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
- Blasco, María - CNIO, Madrid, Spain
- Borg, Åke - Lund University, Lund, Sweden
- Capetillo, Óscar Fernandez - CNIO, Madrid, Spain
- Chan, Timothy A. - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
- Downward, Julian - Cancer Research UK, London, UK
- Glimelius, Bengt - Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
- Helleday, Thomas - Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
- Johansson, Mattias - IARC, Lyon, France
- Kerr, David - University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
- Kiessling, Rolf - Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
- Lane, David - Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore
- Pharoah, Paul - University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
- Pietras, Kristian - Lund University, Lund, Sweden
- Tejpar, Sabine - KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
- Valiente, Manuel - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
- Winton, Doug - Cancer Research UK, Cambridge, UK
- Wolchok, Jedd D. - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
- Yates, Lucy - The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cambridge, UK
- Zeleniuch-Jacquotte, Anne - New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
- Zhang, Feng - BROAD Institute MIT, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
The three strategic cancer research networks StratCan, U-CAN and BioCare are delighted to announce the upcoming 3rd Swedish Cancer Meeting which continues the tradition established by the two previous meetings held in Malmö (2012) and Uppsala (2013). For this year´s meeting the Regional Cancer Center, Stockholm/Gotland (RCC) has been added as organizers, illustrating the interest of the networks to interact with the larger cancer health care system.
- David Lane (A*STAR)
- Julian Downward (Cancer Research UK)
- Sabine Tejpar (KU Leuven)
The planned program will encompass four plenary sessions and two workshop sessions, each with four thematic workshops. Approximately 15 invited speakers, at the highest international level, will give presentations.
Poster session & short talks from abstracts
17 short talks have been selected from submitted abstracts both for the plenary session and the workshops, as indicated in the program.
The schedule will also include two poster sessions (poster hanging time indicated in the program):
POSTER SESSION 1 (Sept 2) 17.30-18.30 (+ during coffee at 15.15-16.00):
100-111 (Colorectal cancer)
300-323 (Cancer genomics)
700-702 (Linking patient perspective..)
tot 80 posters
POSTER SESSION 2 (Sept 3) 15.00-16.30
400-405 (Molecular Epidemiology)
500-517 (Drug discovery)
600-628 (Tumor microenvironment)
tot 86 posters
The poster awards will be distributed during the Plenary 5 session at 17.00-17.30 on September 3rd.
Maximum poster size is 137 cm (height) × 96 cm (width). Recommended poster format is portrait (standing) A0 118.9 cm × 84.1 cm.
Registration & Abstract submission
Registration is closed (July 31st). However, we offer "on-site" registration (1500 SEK for university employees, 2500 SEK for companies) providing access to the plenary sessions of the meeting as well as to the following workshops where there are still available places left: Cancer Genomics (Sept 2) AND Tumor Microenvironment OR Molecular Epidemiology (Sept 3).
We recommend that you carefully read the registration terms before filling in the registration form and that you have a credit card ready for the hotel reservation and/or payment for the conference. This electronic transaction is secure, and your credit card information is encrypted during the registration process.
Please make your hotel reservation by filling in your request on the registration form. All hotel options might not be available during the prolonged registration (July 1st-15th) due to high request (over 500 participants by first deadline June 30th). The hotel rooms will be confirmed on a first come – first served basis. Please contact the conference secreteriat should you have any questions.
- Elite Hotel Palace (Price/night/room 1580 SEK*)
Located at walking distance to KI Campus Solna, the conference venue. Free WiFi. Gym available for guests.
- Clarion Hotel Amaranten (Price/night/room 1695 SEK*)
Located at Kungsholmen, 10 minutes walk from the Central station. Free WiFi. Free gym for guests.
- Clarion Hotel Sign (Price/night/room 1995 SEK*)
Located in central city Stockholm about 200 m from the Central station. Free WiFi. Free gym for guests.
Invoice: Adm fee of SEK 65 for invoice.
*All rates include breakfast and VAT. Rate and availability when booking on the conference registration form only.
Credit Card Guarantee
In order to guarantee accommodation you need to state your credit card details on the registration form. The information will only be used in case of no-show or late cancellation. Please read “Cancellation and Refunds” on the Registration page.
Accommodation is not included in the registration fee. The bill must be paid directly to the hotel during your stay. You will be able to pay by credit card or by cash. All hotels can invoice Swedish organizations, but not abroad.
Changes to your Reservation
If you need to change your reservation, please contact the conference secretariat.
If you wish to find less expensive accommodation, we recommend the official Stockholm visitor’s board’s website with a search engine to find hotels and hostels in the Stockholm area with booking on-line availability. You search for accommodation at your own preferences, price, location etc.
The meeting will take place at Aula Medica, Karolinska Institutet Solna campus, Stockholm.
Stockholm, the Royal Capital of Sweden, is a city like no other - a city built on 14 islands, where you are never far from the water. Well-preserved medieval buildings stand alongside modern architecture. Stockholm is also home of the Nobel Prize. And just outside the city, the archipelago of 24 000 islands is waiting to be explored.
Stockholm is a city of contrasts - water and islands, history and innovation, small town and big city, short winter days and long, light summer nights - with a dazzling array of impressions. Thanks to the city's compact size, you can see and do most things in a short space of time - which makes it a perfect destination for city breaks or longer stays, all the year round.
For more information please visit Stockholm Visitor's Board.
Travel & General information
Information about how to reach Stockholm city center and the conference venue as well as general information available here