Recipients of KIRCNET grants
KIRCNET provided travel grants for our members to acquire novel techniques and/or establish research collaborations as well as to actively participate in scientific meetings.
Here is the list of grant recipients and their summarized report:
Recipients in 2013
- Ting Yang to visit the Georgetown University Medical Center to acquire a novel technique to isolate and culture primary podocytes and vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) from the mouse kidney
- Anton Razuvaev to attend a 2-day course in cardiovascular high-resolution ultrasound applications for small animal models
- Jie JI, Helena Forsslund and Philip Tanneberg to attend The Lung - a pivotal player in systemic inflammatory diseases
Recipients in 2012
- Abraham Roos to visit Dr. Jonas Erjefält (Airway Inflammation team) at Lund University
- Tove Berg to attend The Lung - a pivotal player in systemic inflammatory diseases
- Ya-Ting Chang and Philip Tanneberg to visit the Standford University and acquire the knowledge about rodent model of hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension and hemodynamic measurement
Recipients in 2011
- Dr. Jan Wahlström to invite Professor David Moller, MD, PhD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, U.S.A, to present the lecture “Serum Amyloid A Misfolding: the Link between Mycobacteria and Sarcoidosis?” in the frame of CMM seminars. The seminar was held on April 8 in the CMM Lecture Hall, Karolinska Institute, Solna.
- Bianka Karshikoff, to travel to Barcelona and acquire the knowledge on allergy models in mice and on psychological tests for mice and rats
- Ola Nilsson to spent 3 month at the Swiss Institute of Allergy and Asthma Research, Davos, Switzerland, in order to learn the methodology of the phage display technique and of the creation of a phage display library
KIRCNET research grants
In 2008, six researchers were awarded the research grants from KIRCNET to promote translational research within the area of circulation and respiration by stimulating collaboration between research groups and strengthening the relation between clinical and basic experimental research areas.
Recipients in 2008
- Rachel Fisher, Enheten för aterosklerosforskning
Human studies to investigate the interplay between adipose tissue, liver fat accumulation and insulin resistance.
- Jan Wahlström, Enheten för lungmedicin
Identification of a sarcoidosis-specific antigen.
- Stina Salomonsson, Enheten för reumatologi
Identification of genetic factors in congenital heartblock.
- Eric Herlenius, Enheten för neonatologi.
Prostaglandins, diagnosis and treatment of Apnea in newborns and children.
- Ewa Ehrenborg, Enheten för aterosklerosforskning.
Translational studies of ADFP and MTTP in relation to development of metabolic dysfunction and cardiovascular disease.
- Magnus Bäck, Enheten för experimentell kardiovaskulär forskning.
Leukotrienes in Atherosclerosis.