While MWLC has just turned one-year old, our established investigators have joined the Centre by bringing with them significant scientific momentum along with years of technical experience as well as collaborative relationships from within and outside of KI. MWLC teams have published a total of 31 peer-reviewed scientific publications, of which 13 were completed at MWLC and with the Centre’s support.
1. S. Lee, C. Zhang, Z. Liu, M. Klevstig, B. Mukhopadhyay, M. Bergentall, R. Cinar, M. Stahlman, N. Sikanic, J. K. Park, S. Deshmukh, A. M. Harzandi, T. Kuijpers, M. Grotli, S. J. Elsasser, B. D. Piening, M. Snyder, U. Smith, J. Nielsen, F. Backhed, G. Kunos, M. Uhlen, J. Boren, A. Mardinoglu, Network analyses identify liver-specific targets for treating liver diseases. Mol Syst Biol 13, 938 (2017).
2. Y. Wang, S. Hadjab, H. Wu, S. Codeluppi, A. Sharma, C. Petitpre, G. Agirman, D. Palumberi, S. Linnarsson and F. Lallemend, Revisiting the neurotrophic theory: differential survival capacity of developing sensory neurons. (Submitted)
3. C. Coste, V. Neirinckx, A. Sharma, G. Agirman, B. Rogister, J. Foguenne, F. Lallemend, A. Gothot, S. Wislet, Human bone marrow harbors cells with neural crest-associated characteristics like human adipose and dermis tissues. PLoS One 12, e0177962 (2017).
4. A. Furlan, V. Dyachuk, M. E. Kastriti, L. Calvo-Enrique, H. Abdo, S. Hadjab, T. Chontorotzea, N. Akkuratova, D. Usoskin, D. Kamenev, J. Petersen, K. Sunadome, F. Memic, U. Marklund, K. Fried, P. Topilko, F. Lallemend, P. V. Kharchenko, P. Ernfors, I. Adameyko, Multipotent peripheral glial cells generate neuroendocrine cells of the adrenal medulla. Science 357, (2017).
5. C. Peng, L. Li, M. D. Zhang, C. Bengtsson Gonzales, M. Parisien, I. Belfer, D. Usoskin, H. Abdo, A. Furlan, M. Haring, F. Lallemend, T. Harkany, L. Diatchenko, T. Hokfelt, J. Hjerling-Leffler, P. Ernfors, miR-183 cluster scales mechanical pain sensitivity by regulating basal and neuropathic pain genes. Science 356, 1168-1171 (2017).
6. W. Lohcharoenkal, M. Harada, J. Loven, F. Meisgen, N. X. Landen, L. Zhang, J. Lapins, K. D. Mahapatra, H. Shi, L. Nissinen, V. M. Kahari, M. Stahle, E. Sonkoly, D. Grander, M. Arsenian-Henriksson, A. Pivarcsi, MicroRNA-203 Inversely Correlates with Differentiation Grade, Targets c-MYC, and Functions as a Tumor Suppressor in cSCC. J Invest Dermatol 136, 2485-2494 (2016).
7. Y. B. Wei, P. A. Melas, J. C. Villaescusa, J. J. Liu, N. X. Landen, S. H. Christiansen, H. Elbrond-Bek, D. P. Woldbye, G. Wegener, A. A. Mathe, C. Lavebratt, MicroRNA 101b Is Downregulated in the Prefrontal Cortex of a Genetic Model of Depression and Targets the Glutamate Transporter SLC1A1 (EAAT3) in Vitro. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 19, (2016).
8. H. Ding, Q. Lv, S. Wu, S. Hou, Z. Liu, N. X. Landen, P. Tian, M. Yu, Z. Sun, H. Fan, Intratracheal Instillation of Perfluorohexane Modulates the Pulmonary Immune Microenvironment by Attenuating Early Inflammatory Factors in Patients With Smoke Inhalation Injury: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial. J Burn Care Res 38, 251-259 (2017).
9. E. K. Herter, N. X. Landen, Non-Coding RNAs: New Players in Skin Wound Healing. Adv Wound Care (New Rochelle) 6, 93-107 (2017).
10. N. X. Landen, D. Li, M. Stahle, Transition from inflammation to proliferation: a critical step during wound healing. Cell Mol Life Sci 73, 3861-3885 (2016).
11. D. Li, N. X. Landen, MicroRNAs in skin wound healing. Eur J Dermatol 27, 12-14 (2017).
12. X. Li, D. Li, A. Wang, T. Chu, W. Lohcharoenkal, X. Zheng, J. Grunler, S. Narayanan, S. Eliasson, E. K. Herter, Y. Wang, Y. Ma, M. Ehrstrom, L. Eidsmo, M. Kasper, A. Pivarcsi, E. Sonkoly, S. B. Catrina, M. Stahle, N. X. Landen, MicroRNA-132 with therapeutic potential in chronic wounds. J Invest Dermatol, (2017).
13. X. Li, D. Li, J. D. Wikstrom, A. Pivarcsi, E. Sonkoly, M. Stahle, N. X. Landen, MicroRNA-132 promotes fibroblast migration via regulating RAS p21 protein activator 1 in skin wound healing. Sci Rep 7, 7797 (2017).
14. A. Srivastava, P. Nikamo, W. Lohcharoenkal, D. Li, F. Meisgen, N. X. Landen, M. Stahle, A. Pivarcsi, E. Sonkoly, MicroRNA-146a suppresses IL-17-mediated skin inflammation and is genetically associated with psoriasis. J Allergy Clin Immunol 139, 550-561 (2017).
15. T. Wei, L. Folkersen, E. Biskup, N. X. Landen, V. Manfe, O. Niazi, R. Gniadecki, Ubiquitin-specific peptidase 2 as a potential link between microRNA-125b and psoriasis. Br J Dermatol 176, 723-731 (2017).
16. G. Chen, J. P. Schell, J. A. Benitez, S. Petropoulos, M. Yilmaz, B. Reinius, Z. Alekseenko, L. Shi, E. Hedlund, F. Lanner, R. Sandberg, Q. Deng, Single-cell analyses of X Chromosome inactivation dynamics and pluripotency during differentiation. Genome Res 26, 1342-1354 (2016).
17. A. J. Collier, S. P. Panula, J. P. Schell, P. Chovanec, A. Plaza Reyes, S. Petropoulos, A. E. Corcoran, R. Walker, I. Douagi, F. Lanner, P. J. Rugg-Gunn, Comprehensive Cell Surface Protein Profiling Identifies Specific Markers of Human Naive and Primed Pluripotent States. Cell Stem Cell 20, 874-890 e877 (2017).
18. O. R. Faridani, I. Abdullayev, M. Hagemann-Jensen, J. P. Schell, F. Lanner, R. Sandberg, Single-cell sequencing of the small-RNA transcriptome. Nat Biotechnol 34, 1264-1266 (2016).
19. S. Hildebrand, S. Hultin, A. Subramani, S. Petropoulos, Y. Zhang, X. Cao, J. Mpindi, O. Kalloniemi, S. Johansson, A. Majumdar, F. Lanner, L. Holmgren, The E-cadherin/AmotL2 complex organizes actin filaments required for epithelial hexagonal packing and blastocyst hatching. Sci Rep 7, 9540 (2017).
20. E. M. Jouhilahti, E. Madissoon, L. Vesterlund, V. Tohonen, K. Krjutskov, A. Plaza Reyes, S. Petropoulos, R. Mansson, S. Linnarsson, T. Burglin, F. Lanner, O. Hovatta, S. Katayama, J. Kere, The human PRD-like homeobox gene LEUTX has a central role in embryo genome activation. Development 143, 3459-3469 (2016).
21. U. Nosi, F. Lanner, T. Huang, B. Cox, Overexpression of Trophoblast Stem Cell-Enriched MicroRNAs Promotes Trophoblast Fate in Embryonic Stem Cells. Cell Rep 19, 1101-1109 (2017).
22. S. Petropoulos, S. P. Panula, J. P. Schell, F. Lanner, Single-cell RNA sequencing: revealing human pre-implantation development, pluripotency and germline development. J Intern Med 280, 252-264 (2016).
23. S. Petrus-Reurer, H. Bartuma, M. Aronsson, S. Westman, F. Lanner, H. Andre, A. Kvanta, Integration of Subretinal Suspension Transplants of Human Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells in a Large-Eyed Model of Geographic Atrophy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 58, 1314-1322 (2017).
24. A. Plaza Reyes, F. Lanner, Towards a CRISPR view of early human development: applications, limitations and ethical concerns of genome editing in human embryos. Development 144, 3-7 (2017).
25. E. Posfai, S. Petropoulos, F. R. de Barros, J. P. Schell, I. Jurisica, R. Sandberg, F. Lanner, J. Rossant, Position- and Hippo signaling-dependent plasticity during lineage segregation in the early mouse embryo. Elife 6, (2017).
26. N. Winblad, F. Lanner, Biotechnology: At the heart of gene edits in human embryos. Nature 548, 398-400 (2017).
27. E. K. Lee, D. D. Tran, W. Keung, P. Chan, G. Wong, C. W. Y. Chan, K. Costa, R. A. Li, M. Khine, Machine learning of human pluripotent stem cell-derived engineered cardiac tissue contractility for automated drug classification. (Submitted)
28. A. M. Shum, H. Che, A. O. Wong, C. Zhang, H. Wu, C. W. Chan, K. Costa, M. Khine, C. W. Kong, R. A. Li, A Micropatterned Human Pluripotent Stem Cell-Based Ventricular Cardiac Anisotropic Sheet for Visualizing Drug-Induced Arrhythmogenicity. Adv Mater 29, (2017).
29. J. Lu, Y. K. Lee, X. Ran, W. H. Lai, R. A. Li, W. Keung, K. Tse, H. F. Tse, X. Yao, An abnormal TRPV4-related cytosolic Ca2+ rise in response to uniaxial stretch in induced pluripotent stem cells-derived cardiomyocytes from dilated cardiomyopathy patients. Biochim Biophys Acta, (2017).
30. Y. Sun, V. Timofeyev, A. Dennis, E. Bektik, X. Wan, K. R. Laurita, I. Deschenes, R. A. Li, J. D. Fu, A Singular Role of IK1 Promoting the Development of Cardiac Automaticity during Cardiomyocyte Differentiation by IK1 -Induced Activation of Pacemaker Current. Stem Cell Rev, (2017).
31. P. K. Chan, R. A. Li, Gene Delivery for the Generation of Bioartificial Pacemaker. Methods Mol Biol 1521, 293-306 (2017).
32. G. Tse, T. Liu, K. H. Li, V. Laxton, Y. W. Chan, W. Keung, R. A. Li, B. P. Yan, Electrophysiological Mechanisms of Brugada Syndrome: Insights from Pre-clinical and Clinical Studies. Front Physiol 7, 467 (2016).