Loading profile information...
- 2002 - 2005: BSc in Molecular Biotechnology at the Universität zu Lübeck, Germany
- 2005 - 2007: MSc in Biomedical Sciences, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute & Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- 2008 - 2012: Ph.D. with Prof. Hans Jörnvall, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden. Thesis: “Molecular mechanisms of amyloid regulation”
- 2013 - 2014: Postdoctoral fellow with Prof. Jan Johansson, Department of Neuroscience, and Prof. Hans Jörnvall, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2014 - 2016: Marie Curie Career Development Fellow with Prof. Dame Carol Robinson FRS, Department of Chemistry, University of Oxford, UK
- Since 2017: Assistant Professor in Mass Spectrometry in the group of Prof. Sir David Lane FRS, Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology, Science for Life Laboratory, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
For a full publication list, please visit my Google Scholar page. (a.k.a. Michael Fitzen)
- 2004 - 2005 Lab courses and seminars in general and organic chemistry, medical program, University of Lübeck, Germany
- 2008 - 2014: Lab courses, seminars, lectures and examiner for General and Organic Chemistry (biomedical program), Physiological Chemistry (medical program) Laboratory safety (medical and biomedical programs), Department of MedicalBiochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet
- 2014 - 2016: Academic Advisor for DPhil students, St Cross College, University of Oxford
- Since 2017: Lectures and Seminars, General and Organic Chemistry courses, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- 2007: “Heart of Biomedical Science” Prize of the Leiden University Medical Student Association (M.F.L.S.)
- 2008-2012: Karolinska Ph.D. student scholarship (KID grant), 1.1 mSEK
- 2014-2016: ERC Marie Curie Early Career Development Fellowship in Life Sciences, 2.2 mSEK
- 2014-2016: Junior Research Fellowship, St. Cross College, Oxford
- 2017-2021: Ingvar Carlsson Award, 4 mSEK
Loading publication list...
18 Jan 2018