Educational developer and project coordinator in the Global and Sexual Health research group at the Department of Public Health Sciences.
The courses and projects I am currently involved in (see below for a complete list of links):
- The undergraduate elective course in Global Health
- The massive open online course An Introduction to Global Health
- Developing and leading Teacher training modules at KI in global health as part of implementing the Action Plan for Internationalisation
- Internationalisation of the Curriculum 2017-2020 together with Jennifer Valcke and partly funded by STINT
Together with Giulia Gaudenzi, I also initiated and facilitated the seminar series Gender Health and Rights at KI in the winter of 2015.
I hold a Masters of Arts in Visual and Media Anthropology at the Freie Universität in Berlin, Germany. I received my Bachelors of Arts in Anthropology and International Relations from the University of Sussex, UK in 2007. Previously, I have facilitated educational video projects (using the Participatory Video technique developed by Insightshare.org) with traditional birth attendants in Ghana and asylum seeking teenagers in Sweden. In addition, I have worked with LGBTQ rights in Sweden, and with cultural heritage as a method of building peace in the western Balkans. Finally, I have also been teaching assistant for the Stanford University MOOC International Women’s Health and Human Rights.
- 2013 - Masters of Arts in Visual and Media Anthropology at the Freie Universität in Berlin, Germany.
- 2007 - Bachelors of Arts in Anthropology and International Relations from the University of Sussex, UK in 2007.
I am currently involved in a project collaborating with the World Values Survey.
Since 2015, I have participated in production, coordination, design, facilitation as well as regular teaching in the following courses:
- Global Health 7,5 ECTs. This is a 5-week elective undergraduate course with 70-90 students each semester, who spend 3 weeks in Sweden studying theory and 2 subsequent weeks in a low-income country like Uganda, Tanzania, Vietnam and Laos. Beyond regular teaching and coordination responsibilities I also participate as an accompanying teacher traveling with the students for the duration of the study trip period.
- Prepare - a pre-departure course for KI students going on an international exchange, including a module on global health.
- An Introduction to Global Health. This is six week Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) introductory course in Global health available on the Edx platform.
Teacher training modules
- Teaching and learning in Higher Education, distance.
- Global Health for Teaching Staff at KI - designing a small private online course in Global health for teaching staff at KI
- Tools for Global Health - workshops for teaching staff at KI.
Academic honours, awards and prizes